Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interrupted Firmware Update - Fitbit Won't Turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My recent firmware update stopped in the middle and left my fitbit unable to charge or turn on? Can no longer start over pairing the device, as it won't turn on. Any help out there?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Vandy0607, open your phone's Bluetooth settings, select the Fitbit device, tell Bluetooth to Forget the Device, and close the phone's settings.  Then re-open the Fitbit app and select the tracker to see if it will restart the download/install of the firmware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately it sounds like a classic case of bricksville 😞

When most any device is interrupted during a firmware update very bad things can happen. That's why they always suggest fully charging the device first....or better yet plugging it in to the charger.

If your still under warranty I'd use it 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vandy0607

Had the same issue yesterday as well with both my Blaze and Charge 2. I was able to fix the issue by following the steps below.

• Remove device from fitbit app
    • Fitbit app -> Select Device in top right -> Hit the garbage can in the top right
  • Close completely out of the Fitbit application (Removing it from background)
  • Suggested restart of cell phone
  • Restarting your Fitbit
    • Not too sure on which device you have but you will need to manually restart the device 1-3 times
    • Blaze: Hold left button and Bottom Right button for 10 seconds
      • Screen should flash then show Fitbit logo on reboot
    • Charge 2: Hold Left button down for 10 seconds
  • Fully reset up your Fitbit as if the device is new
  • IMPORTANT
    • When the device starts the update process have your phone moving slightly above the device waving it back and forth (no joke actually works to keep the phones bluetooth active)

Let me know if the steps worked out for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah. Bought a new one! Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything mentioned above , but can’t get my Iconic smart watch to even turn on. I switched wrist bands to the smaller one and back to the large and could not restart . Weird icon which I don’t understand on my phone app . Anybody know what it means ?circulair clockwise Arrows “release to Sync”?

Best Answer
0 Votes