Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic wil not sync and update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. My Fitbit Ionic wil not sync and update since I got new mobile Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra. I have tried everything now for a week and nothing helps. Can you please hjelp?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your understanding @Daniela26

We truly appreciate your patience on the matter. Be sure to check the troubleshooting steps in case they do work, I would say it is well worth it.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if there is anything I can do for you. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Forums @Daniela26!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

After checking on it, I could see that the Xperia XA2 Ultra is currently not a compatible device and thus we cannot guarantee that it will be working properly or that all features will work. 

The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. There are some users who have been able to sync with non-compatible devices so if your phone meets the requirement of Minimum Supported OS (Android 4.4 KitKat), you can try the tips on this article

Note that we don't guarantee that the sync would be will be successful as we are still testing on this phone model.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
Thank you for your answer. I hope that you will soon add the Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra to all the compatible devices. Ionic as a new and modern smartwatch should be compatible with new mobiles.Best wishes Daniela L. 
Best Answer

Thanks for your understanding @Daniela26

We truly appreciate your patience on the matter. Be sure to check the troubleshooting steps in case they do work, I would say it is well worth it.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if there is anything I can do for you. 

Best Answer

@Daniela26A month since your post and I have this dilemma now.  My non-compatible Sony Xperia XP has been working with all of my Fitbits for nearly 2 years, the latest, the Ionic for 8 months.... I don't bother with music, but the things I need on the Ionic, work..

The issue is, this current phone is now getting lesser battery life.. The 2 year issue with many phones and my upgrade path is the Sony Xperia XA2.  I have been running Android 8.0.0 and like many I have the occasional slowness with syncing.. I believe that's what has been draining the battery and probably lessened the battery life.

The Sony XP  Xperia   Non-removable Li-Ion 2700 mAh battery

The Sony XA2 Xperia  Non-removable Li-Ion 3450 mAh battery  - 28% more battery.

I purchased my original Sony based on advice from a Norwegian Fitbitter who helped me make my original decision and I haven't regretted that.

Are you using your XA2 with Fitbit ? because any advice will help..

@Daniela26 wrote:
Thank you for your answer. I hope that you will soon add the Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra to all the compatible devices. Ionic as a new and modern smartwatch should be compatible with new mobiles.Best wishes Daniela L. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@Daniela26Today I went and upgraded to the Sony XA2 without any issues.. The Ultra wasn't available with my provider but I had no issues..  See this link...  This included my Ionic.

@Daniela26 wrote:

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Colinm39.

Thanks for keeping us posted on the matter. I definitely appreciate the post coming from personal experiences with the phone. Glad to read that it is syncing without any issues.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Any update about Sony xperia xa2 ultra?  My fitbit also doesn't do the synchronisation.

Thank you 

Nicoleta 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Nocoletta
I just gave up synchronising With my Sony and only synch. With my computer. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I can't help or offer any suggestions because I'm having no issues with my Sony Xperia XA2. Even works on the home WiFi.

In case we have confusion between overseas models my model number is H3133. (Tap Android Settings and System and go to the bottom of that screen)

In Australia there are 10 Sony phones in the X series, probably an impossible task for Fitbit to keep models updated.

All I can say, my XA2 is updated to the latest software.  Also my previous model Xperia XP worked.

They both synced through the dongle on Windows 7 PC... But, recently I found if the syncing through the dongle had issues I turned off the Bluetooth on the phone and an immediate sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes