Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Samsung galaxy A8 compatible with fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi..I have a Samsung galaxy A8 mobile and recently was gifted a fitbit charge HR..on downloading Fitbit app and trying to sync it, my phone doesn't access/pair with the fitbit HR via Bluetooth. Any one having similar problems?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Sarita_810 Woman Very Happyhope you're doing great today! I'm really happy to hear you are using the Charge HR tracker, this is an awesome device. 

In regard to your current situation, the Galaxy A8 is still not a supported syncing device, this is why you might be having some syncing issues. At the moment, there isn't an update in when this device will be compatible, however, keep an eye on our website or this article for any news on this.

If you have other questions, let me know. Robot Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Sarita_810 Woman Very Happyhope you're doing great today! I'm really happy to hear you are using the Charge HR tracker, this is an awesome device. 

In regard to your current situation, the Galaxy A8 is still not a supported syncing device, this is why you might be having some syncing issues. At the moment, there isn't an update in when this device will be compatible, however, keep an eye on our website or this article for any news on this.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I was just gifted a blaze. I was super excited to use it. However to my utter dismay, I found out that my Samsung A8 is not a compatible device!

Is there any visibility on the timelines for an update to include Samsung a8 in a list of compatible devices?

Thanks

Animesh

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, can you tell me if my Samsung galaxy A8+ 2018 is compatable with my Alta HR. Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi.. i have a fitbit Charge 2 and connected it with my Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus... However, the Call/Text notification is not working. I check the compatibility of device and my Samsung Galaxy A8 Plus is not yet included in the list. I just want to ask if when it will be compatible so I can use the Call/Text Notification feature? Thank you very much @Fitbit and more power! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I have a FitBit Charge 2 as well and connected it with my Samsung Galaxy A8 2018.  However, the Call / Text notification is not working and pairing did not work. I checked the compatibility of device and my Samsung Galaxy A8 2018 is not yet included in the list 😞  I read this thread and I think there are many others who are having the same issues.  Do you have a timeline as to when Samsung Galaxy A8 would be compatible, so we can use the Call / Text Notification feature? 

Best Answer

Please when is going to be compatible the A8? I love my fitbit. Use it everyday. Please!!!!

Best Answer

Please I use my Fitbit every day. When is going to be compatible. 

Best Answer

Ive had fitbit for years very disappointed there is still no fix for the Samsung a8

Best Answer

Hi, is there any update about the compatibility with Samsung A8? I just got that cellphone and I can't syncronize my Charge 2 any more.

Shall I change my Fitbit for another trademark....?

Regards

Best Answer

Hey guys, thanks for jumping into this thread! Woman Very Happy As you may have seen in the list of supported devices,the Galaxy A8 is not a compatible device with the Fitbit app. 

Which means that our Android team has not yet tested them for compatibility and added them to the list which means that we don't have a estimated date on when they will be added. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), you can try the tips on the following help article: Synchronization troubleshoot or set up troubleshoot

My sister owns a Huawei which is not yet a supported device, but she has tried the following (which I think won't hurt if you try that as well):

1. Your phone must not be set to "visibile for other devices"
2. Your phone must not be "searching for other devices"

If either of these two things are active, the Fitbit cannot connect.

In other words, you have to set it to invisble, and you have to click the stop button if it is searching for devices. So, bluetooth should be on, but not doing anything at all in the bluethooth menu. Then force quit the Fitbit app and it'll sync. At least it has done with my sister's phone for over a month or so.

I'd like to mention, just to be sure, that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. The developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices. Woman Very Happy

Hope the steps work. Don't hesitate to get back to me if you have any questions! 

Best Answer

Please help. When is going to be update?  

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Moralesfajardo! Thanks for your interest on this. As I mentioned above, we don't have a estimated date on when they will be added. Keep an eye on the supported list of devices for updates. Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
Thanks for the info.
Best Answer

my a8 wont connect to the fitbit at all? i  also tryed to reconnect my old samsug s6 and it wouldnt connect eather, reading all the reviews on app store there is more that us having connection issues. i can get to the stage where i put the 4 digit code in then just says connecting and wont connect. i am very disapointed in this as i loved using my fitbit

Best Answer

Please help I love my Fitbit. Move foward to resolve the syn issue. Please

Best Answer

Hi There,

I tried the tip you suggested for the Huawei - it did not work.

My original fitbit came with a USB receiver so I could sync my fitbit with my desktop/ laptop.  I did not get this piece with my Charge 2.  Can this be purchased separately so I can sync my fitbit?

I got this my Samsung A8 on June 7 and the fitbit sync stopped working on June 21.  It did not occur to me that my fitbit would not work on this device.

Let me know about the USB piece (not sure what the real name is for this accessory)

Thanks,

Shelley

Best Answer

Yes I just bought a new fit bit today as the jolly band kept breaking on my last one. Wish I had looked at this forum before as was wondering why I had lost so much functionality when I upgraded to A8. Frustrating.

@marianocg wrote:

Hi, is there any update about the compatibility with Samsung A8? I just got that cellphone and I can't syncronize my Charge 2 any more.

Shall I change my Fitbit for another trademark....?

Regards

Best Answer

Hi! I have a Samsung Galaxy A8 and thinking of getting the fitbit versa.... but after reading this thread, I'm thinking about going to another brand.... not point in having a fitbit that will not record anything on my phone or that won't sync messages and calls!

you're a big company, use the resources to make it compatible. We're surely quite a few frustrated people.

Best Answer

Please im dealing with the same situation. Now I cant use my tracker wrong date & time. Useless.

Best Answer