Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues setting up Charge 2 on Nexus 7 running Android 5.1.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey,

I’m trying to help a relative set up their brand new Charge 2 on their Android tablet (a Nexus 7 running Android 5.1.1, which we can’t seem to update to 6), but the tablet doesn’t seem to be able to see the Fitbit. I’ve made sure the fitbit has enough battery (it’s still only showing the setup screen), and made them turn their Bluetooth off and on again, to no avail. They’ve also restarted their tablet, which hasn’t worked. They get stuck at the stage where they look for their Charge 2, and keep getting an error that starts ‘If you’re seeing this message for the first time...’ telling them to restart their Bluetooth.  

Do do you have any suggestions for a fix here? I’ve been working through in parallel on the same model tablet and haven’t had any issues (although it’s running Android 6.0.1), so I’m stumped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Nora_drenaline, good to see you are visiting the Fitbit Community! I was reading you are helping a relative to set up a Blaze but there are some issues at the moment to recognized the tracker through Bluetooth.

In this case the version of the Android should not be a problem, although is recommendable to have the last update to ensure all will work as is expected. 

If the issue keep persisting from your relative side, make them to do the following steps , as I do not see you have mentioned in your post.

So try turn the Fitbit Charge 2 off and back on using the instructions in the following post: How to restart your Charge 2? and try the set up process again. If the keep persisting have them to uninstall and reinstall the app before give it another try to the set up process.

If the steps are failing to address this issue and there is a chance to try with a computer, this would be an alternative. Once a tracker is set up to the account, it will be present across any different platform to sync.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes