Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart your Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If your tracker has one of the following problems, it may be fixed by a restart:

• Your tracker isn't syncing
  • Your tracker isn't responding to button presses, taps, or swipes
  • Your tracker is charged but doesn't turn on
  • Your tracker isn't tracking your steps or other stats

For restart instructions, choose your tracker below:

Restarting your tracker turns it off and on without deleting any activity data. If your tracker saves notifications, a restart deletes them.

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, contact Customer Support.

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My Charge 2 stopped syncing after the Bluetooth issues arrived after the updates. This fixed the problem

This is how you reboot you Fitbit. Deactivated the Charge2 in the app.

If your tracker has one of the following problems, it may be fixed by a restart:

• Your tracker isn't syncing
  • Your tracker isn't responding to button presses, taps, or swipes
  • Your tracker is charged but doesn't turn on
  • Your tracker isn't tracking your steps or other stats

For restart instructions, choose your tracker below:

Restarting your tracker turns it off and on without deleting any activity data. If your tracker saves notifications, a restart deletes them.

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted. (you might have to use a small edge to fit in the hole, I used a steak knife, lol)
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.
  6. Now add your Charge 2 as a new device. It will update your stats for the last seven days.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, contact Customer Support.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

Thank You Rodrigo

Hope everyone is having fun with their fitbitty

PS:

snacks

Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner hilarious! 

You're welcome. See you around!

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer

So there is no way to restart unless you have the charging cable?  Please confirm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @speck73,

To answer your question, you need to use the charging cable in order to restart your Charge 2. You can find step-by-step restart instructions by clicking here.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I restarted my Charge 2 and it is still not switching to the different functions ie Relax, run, treadmill etc.  It only shows the steps, calories burned, miles, floors and movement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @lindrab, how are you today? Smiley Happy So, let me see if we are on the same page, so it seems that your Charge 2 is only showing the data from the first screen, right? I mean, steps, distance, calories burned, time, date, floors, movement and active minutes? And what happens when you press the side button, is not going to the next options as the exercise shortcuts, the relax, alarms, heart rate and stopwatch, correct? If you already tried to restart your tracker, let me suggest you something else, could you please set up your tracker as a new device by following the instructions on this post which has instructions for Android

I hope that works! Let me know if it does. Smiley Wink 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lindrab, try this. Open the app, go to settings, do the add tracker with the replace option. You'll be replacing the Charge 2 with itself, this should force the app and tracker to setup and reset the menus.  Don't remove the tracker, just do tyre replace option.

Best Answer

I am not sure if this helps but go to your account settings and click on clock face to choose what you want to see.

Best Answer

I just got a charger 2 - tried this method and the battery charging icon doesn't show on screen. It does vibrate briefly so I beleive its connected.   Have not been able to get it to sync on any devises.  Suggestions\?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Trickpony1, it is nice to see new members around the Community! Cat Happy That could be a good tip, I would add that, after you select the clock face, try a restart and then sync it. 

@ZingND, if your Charge 2 isn't syncing, I suggest you to try the steps for Windows devices on this post and let me know if that works. 

Catch ya' later! 

Best Answer

@ZingND i think the clue is in the "I just got", is your tracker setup yet?

If it isn't tyen there will not be a battery icon while charging. 

Best Answer

I called the helpline and they were great.  Walked me through adding my new Charge 2.  had to use an old dogal to connect which I find strange but it worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that update @ZingND! Our customer support team is really the best. They know exactly what to do in every situation or give the best solution to get users back on track. Now that Charge 2 is paired, and your phone is a compatible device, you can sync with it and I hope you won't have any inconvenience. 

Keep us posted if you have further questions. 

Best Answer

New purchase  fitbit charge2 won't get off of setup screen even though app is set up

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rpatrick the restart instructions  are in the top post.

But... the app might be setup, you still need to setup the tracker. 

In the app choose account then press add device, simply folliw the prompts. If it fwils let us know at what step it fails.

Best Answer

Hey @Rpatrick, how are you doin' today? Cat Happy Please perform a restart of your tracker and then, as my friend @Rich_Laue said, set up your Charge 2 as a new device by following the instructions on this post for Android devices. 

Let me know if that works! 

Best Answer

got it figured out. Had to do a system update, Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

An update of your Charge 2? great tip. Thanks for sharing it here @Rpatrick! If your tracker still giving you issues even after that, let me know. I'll be glad to help you out. 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

Fitbit Charge 2 did not reset at beginning of new day.  I got the 10000 step notification at midnight and it just stayed at the 12000 or so step count for the next 2 hours. I tried to restart, but still no change. 

Best Answer
0 Votes