Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart your Charge 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If your tracker has one of the following problems, it may be fixed by a restart:

• Your tracker isn't syncing
  • Your tracker isn't responding to button presses, taps, or swipes
  • Your tracker is charged but doesn't turn on
  • Your tracker isn't tracking your steps or other stats

For restart instructions, choose your tracker below:

Restarting your tracker turns it off and on without deleting any activity data. If your tracker saves notifications, a restart deletes them.

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, contact Customer Support.

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

@Shadowsurfer wrote:

Omg. How can I thank you enough. This worked. After the new updates, I couldn't sync until now. Thx again.

@Shadowsurfer, I am curious, which post/reply helped you?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This was your original post a year ago. My Charge 2 stop syncing after the new firmware update. It's a Bluetooth issue that is causing a lot of havoc right now. Omg I've been looking for a solution for a week. And then I saw your post from a year ago. And like magic it worked. Thx again.

If your tracker has one of the following problems, it may be fixed by a restart:

Your tracker isn't syncingYour tracker isn't responding to button presses, taps, or swipesYour tracker is charged but doesn't turn onYour tracker isn't tracking your steps or other stats

Restarting your tracker turns it off and on without deleting any activity data. If your tracker saves notifications, a restart deletes them.

Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. Now add your Charge 2 as a new device. It will update your stats for the last seven days.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, contact Customer Support.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 stopped syncing after the Bluetooth issues arrived after the updates. This fixed the problem

This is how you reboot you Fitbit. Deactivated the Charge2 in the app.

• Your tracker isn't syncing
  • Your tracker isn't responding to button presses, taps, or swipes
  • Your tracker is charged but doesn't turn on
  • Your tracker isn't tracking your steps or other stats

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted. (you might have to use a small edge to fit in the hole, I used a steak knife, lol)
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.
  6. Now add your Charge 2 as a new device. It will update your stats for the last seven days.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

@Shadowsurfer there is no reason to remove the tracker from your fitbit account, this is not a part of the restart procedure.

While the restart procedure will not cause a loss of data, the process of adding your tracker as a new device most likely will lose any data that is not synced..

Best Answer

I have restarted a few times but step counter is way under counting. I have tried altering stride length and hand/wirt settings but nothing works

Best Answer

@Emsiebob when you did a 100, 200, or some step count test. What did the tracker count? 

Best Answer
It depends. Never more than 20 I don't think. It can go hours without
counting a single step though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Emsiebob it could be time to contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer

Yep, done that. I'll give it another shot.sleep.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just received my new Charge 2 and after a couple of restarts it’s now responding to touch and wrist twist however the screen only stays on for a max of 5 seconds and most times less than that - is this normal and if not how do I fix it ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is the way it was designed. 

Best Answer

Thanks! This worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need to re-set up my Charge 2.  I had to purchase a new laptop.  How do I go about this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Karmen your Charge 2 is setup to your Fitbit account, not your laptop. Simply go to http://www.fitbit.com/setup and install the software if you want to sync through the laptops.

On a win 10 machine you will need to log into your Fitbit account, you will then be setup. If you're ur asked for any permission please grant them. 

The tracker should now sync.

Best Answer

My charge 2 is not responding to anything even to your instruction to restar, only it shows a small thinner form of the regular battery sign.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Anohra! Thanks for restarting your Charge 2 to try to fix this. Let me ask you this, beside the battery icon, can you see that it is actually charging? If just the battery icon blinks but doesn't fill up, let's take a look at the tips in this help article: Why isn't my battery charging? 

If the issue persists, let me know and I will continue assisting you. 😉 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Anohra does the symbol look like thisScreenshot_20181119-181239_Chrome.jpg

It sounds like this is what is being delivered and means the Charge 2 is in the middle of a firmware update

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my fitbit charge 2 for over a year as a backup, but only charged it and used it for the first time four days ago.  It worked until yesterday afternoon, but then it wouldn't track anything, and wouldn't light up when raising my wrist or double tapping - only by pushing the button.  Didn't matter, steps are still zero.  Tried the suggested reboot and entered as a new device.  Still doesn't work!  Boo.  My last one was great - lasted almost three years of hard life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have performed the reset. After the fitbit logo it shows me that the battery is completely depleted.  I have charged it several times.  When I unplug the battery shows as full.  A few minutes later, the charge has again stopped working and noting shows on it's display, no syncing is possible either.  I try the rest again.  The battery shows as empty again.  Why is this happening to my Charge 2? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem with mine. So frustrating! Any solutions out there? 

Best Answer
0 Votes