Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with nutrition and weight graphs after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the latest app update, most of the charts have become unusable. On the weight chart, I can no longer distinguish between the weight and the trend (because they are the same color). Also, I can no longer tap on the screen and get the date for that data point. Also, the x axis on the charts is now fixed to the range of the chart, not the range of the data. Also I can no longer swipe to move from one chart to the next. Also, many chart have been removed. 

Who thought that this update was a good idea? Did they do any user testing on this update? 

Please rollback this update so I can get the old charting behavior back.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share these reports, as well as your efforts while working on this. I'm happy to share with you that our team has released the Android app 3.65 version which includes bugs fixes and some improvements, including the ones for the Weight Trends graph. Because this is a progressive roll out, if you don't see it available yet, check later. Take in mind your mobile device needs to meet the compatibility requirements to receive updates.

Your feedback and patience are truly appreciated. Please don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persists so I can keep our team informed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209

I 100% agree, I absolutely hate it.

On top of what you mentioned, the calories in/out info isnt the same... the weekly used to give me individual days and monthly would give me averages for the previous weeks, now both show the individual day blocks, just previous seven vs the month, so I'm basically getting the same info on both tabs but harder to read with all the tiny bars on the second. Pointless. I often rely more on the weekly average than micromanaging each day for my weight loss, so that's upsetting... Losing the numbers on the graphs so I can no longer assess and compare things at a glance, no longer being able to scroll smoothly through past data... they really reduced both the aesthetic and usability. I'm actually considering changing devices over this once my free year of premium runs out.

Best Answer

xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything you said, plus a load more. This new format is far harder to use than the old one. Also it sometimes doesn't even work: see screenshot below. I've got years worth of data and the below chart is only plotting about a week's worth. And what happened to rolling 12 months? Why are we resetting everything on 1 Jan?  Rollback please.

Screenshot_20220722-081134.jpg

Best Answer

I'm beginning to think they're trying to put themselves out of business. This is ridiculous.

Best Answer

Completely agree. The new layout is in no way easier to read when the lines and charts are so much smaller then before and do not list the numbers for each day on the bar, such as on the daily readiness. I can see if it goes up or down but now that's all. I can not quickly see by how much. I hate the new layout.

Best Answer

It's so hard to view and doesn't contain nearlynas much useful information. For example in the weight chart having clearly visable lines between obese overweight normal weights. The dots for datapoints are too small and on top of that the colors that are used for actual data points vs trend lines are too similar that everything looks like a blurry blue mess. There's also that the data doesn't properly fill the screen space anymore, so you'll have a tiny line of data surrounded by vast blinding whitespace. This is the opposite of user friendly and doesn't even look that flash. Visual change for the sake of change with no true added functionality and even a loss of function and clarity is pointless. They could have spent time adding a useful update, like improving the food search to allow searches within recent food specifically and instead chose to obscure data for prettiness. The old data view might have looked dated with the color scheme but it was functional, which is baseline the most important aspect of the app, not how pretty it is. This change does not make them competitive. Guess it's time for me to find another tracker.

Best Answer

I agree with you cometely! I hate the new charts. Can I  go back to the old charts???

Best Answer
  • I do NOT like the new white background scheme!  The blue green color makes it easier to read!!! Who told you white would be easier read??? Please restore the old color, if not, let it be an option to change!
Best Answer

I just got the latest update today absolutely agree with you, and everyone else who isn't necessarily a fan of them.... 

Maybe before a huge change in the way the UI data is presented to users, might it be an idea for the FitBit team to put out a message to the community to say 'hey, we're thinking of revising <insert feature name here> and it's going to look like/behave like <insert screenshots> - what do y'all think?' that way they can get immediate feedback on the changes and maybe refine them or bin them, based on the feedback of the user community who take the time to do so.... 

Another 'out there' concept would be, maybe, for the dev team to make sure the core app functionality is working before adding new things or amending current things (so at the time of writing, the main thing that is simply wrong with core functionality is the daily macronutrients breakdown calculations)..... make sure that the app is doing what it's supposed to be doing first and foremost and, if it's not, fixing that stuff should be priority over cosmetic changes or new 'stuff'

Best Answer

@Ruly   I suspect you are referring to the new color scheme that is currently being rolled out to Android users.  9to5google    The article mentions that the app hasn’t been updated in some time.  I’ve been through several updates.  Fitbit doesn’t give users a choice.  Sorry.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I hate these new chats too. I can't read them and can't make them full screen anymore to really see the trend line. I use the weight chart the most. Please fix this!!!

Best Answer

At least we are all hoping it is broken! 

Best Answer

I don't like the new chart layout in android. The font is tiny, you have to long-press to get the data, you can no longer expand the charts to see in more detail - all the main areas I look at eg food logging (impossible to distinguish separate days, no longer shows the daily deficit) - weight graphs, awful; heart rate, steps - all of it. And it's all white. Bad on the eyes. Please sort this, it's terrible. 

Best Answer

I completely agree. It used too, but the new layout has taken a very useful tool away and made it harder to use.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as well as the screenshot provided. I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Let me share these issues were reported to our team and to further investigate, please provide me with the following details:

• What do you mean by getting the same data for weekly and monthly average on the Food tile?
  • What is the model of your phone?
  • Please attach some screenshots of the issues you're having with the Food and Weight graphs.

As a side note, because the graphs changed by design, you'll need to either tap and hold the screen, or scroll left or right to see all values. If you're having a different issue, please start a new thread so we can keep the forums organized and on-topic. Look forward to your response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Affected by the same issues. I really don't have the energy to take screenshots/explain in detail etc as there are that many issues I wouldn't know where to start. To the devs, go back and look at this. How can you think it's useable or better?? It's dreadful. *Fix this*. 

"scroll left or right to see all values" - the text is that small you can't see the values. Even with glasses. The app was far from perfect before (or ever). Incredible you can actually make it worse. 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220722-214516.jpg

Screenshot_20220722-214522.jpg

 There is no weekly or monthly average, only the daily numbers over the current week cycle (week tab), or the same data but shown tiny over all days for the month (month tab). Tapping and holding the screen does nothing, unless Im on a bar then I get a tiny number over that specific bar, there is no scrolling through my data list. I can tap the arrows to switch to different weeks or months but lose continuity if I'm trying to compare. The changes are awful all around. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S21.

Best Answer

Screenshot_20220723-083356.jpg

Weight chart shows virtually no variation and when you long-press along, half the values are missing so it skips data. Useless. 

Best Answer

Scale to small.  I share my Fitbit data with my Physical Therapist a d my doctor. Both hate it.  Larger scale let us see data, not just trends.   Now I will need to download data to Excel for it to be useful.   Keep new chart.  Good for MACRO view.  BRING BACK OLD DETAILED CHARTS. 

Best Answer