Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 VS980 series Android Phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Fitbit app worked for a little under a year and a half -  All of a sudden it no longer allows me to sign in.  Either I get username and password incorrect (know it is not because the PC login still works) or I get logged in (rarely) and get Fitbit down for maintenance (again know that is not the case the PC is working).  I have tried stopping and starting phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and checked both for a system and app update (none in either case).  Anyone having the same issue and have you found a way to correct it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Locklinn, welcome to the Fitbit Community boards. Certainly is not an expected behavior although I haven't seen a big number of similar cases in Android. Keep in mind the phone you are using is compatible with the Fitbit app, since not all devices are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App. To see the latest list of supported devices, please go to http://www.fitbit.com/devices.

In addition to this, as a workaround I've seen other users need to enable first the permissions of google play service. Go to Apps > Google play services permissions and allow it to use phone and storage.

Hope it helps. See you around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Still not working give me "invalid username or password", however when I
try and sign in to set up the device (again) it tells me the username is in
use. I know it is in use because it is the same as I use on my computer
on you website and it is not invalid and is correct. I have cleared the
Cashe and Memory and that did not seem to help, allowed all permissions and
still no, updated it today - cut on and off the phone, and repeated the
attempts above - still not working. Worked for 4+ months with no issue.
On an early May update (to the Fitbit app) it quit working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Locklinn, I'm wondering how it goes so far? In the last weeks I've been in conversation with other users who had a similar issue at the moment to log in using the same credentials. I have the same scenario and what I did was to reset my password using the online-Dashboard.

After I reset the password through the online site, I was able to log in using my Android app.

Give it a try and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes