Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App dropping workouts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Within the past month, I have noticed that my fitbit app will drop my tracked runs and walks. It happens about every other time or so... I'm wearing the tracker (a One), so I don't lose the steps, but my weekly exercise tile is not accurate, and if I try to remember the steps and relog it, it affects my step count. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but am not sure what else there is to do. 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see new faces in the Fitbit Community.  I'm wondering how you are recording your exercise? Are you using the MobileRun feature of your app? What you are referring with dropping, is not recording anything or not syncing when you finished the exercise?

Let me know these details so I can have a better understanding of the issue.

In the meantime, please update your app. There is a new version under 2.49. Once you have updated the app, Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Clear the app cache and data and finish this workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized again, go back to your app and give it another try.

I'll be around looking forward to your reply. See you soon.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there! I did uninstall and then reinstall the app, signing out and then
signing back in. I'm tracking the runs/walks using the "track exercise
feature in my app. My steps are counted (probably because I am still
wearing my tracker), but about every other time, the app does not record
the actual work outs. Does that make sense? Is there a better way for me
to be doing this?

Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It just happened again. When I finish a run using the run tracker, I can see the steps, my splits, etc... but when I go back to my tracked workouts, the activity is missing and all of that data is gone. Is it because I am wearing my tracker? I have the most current app. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner, are you using the MobileRun option on the app to track your run?  If so, are you using the Pause & Resume option during the run?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Thanks for your response! Yes, I do occasionally use it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I've tracked my last 2 walks (Friday and this morning) finished the track and the map with the stats has been there. Gone back into it half an hour later and it's completely lost the map both times. It was working fine on Thursday but not since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

My husband and I are having the exact same issue since May 20th. We track our runs on the app many times a week. We never had an issue until this Saturday. 

The app will track our run and once we are done we can see it and the details (splits, calories, map, etc.) However, as soon as we exit out of it, we can no longer see the run. This happened yesterday with a hike as well. We paused and resumed the hike. We did not hit pause at all during our runs though. We both have the latest version of the app. We tried logging out. Restarting our phone. Logging back in. The issue still remains. We both have the fit bit one. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I appreciate your time for providing me more details. In addition, thank you for joining to this thread @SunsetRunner and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @Acilim.

Like @USAF-Larry mentioned before, this issue is more likely to happened when you paused the exercise. Although I'm wondering if this persists only with the Run activity of the MobileRun Feature or with other option like Walk? I know of a user who was able to use as a workaround a Walk activity without pausing the exercise and was able to saved all the data without losing it.

Note that if you MobileRun exercise saved correctly and is loosing the data afterwards, this is a bug affecting this section of the app for a small number of users. Our teams are up to this and are investigating this issue to roll a fix in the future.

Thank you for all your patience and fore all the information you have provided.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME I to have these same problems. I have gone to the "+" in bottom right corner and then "Track Exercise" then "Walk" then press the play button to start tracking. I have paused and resumed once during my walk. When I finish a walk using the walk tracker, I can see the steps, my splits, etc... but when I go back to my tracked workouts, the activity is missing and all of that data is gone. This seems to happen after my Charge 2 syncs with app. Yesterday as a test I walked .97 km to go from one place to another and did not pause and it seems to of recorded correctly and saved that map.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Generally, not pausing it has improved the situation, but then I'm not
getting an accurate tracking on my runs...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Roberto.

Can you confirm if we update the software to most up to date version that the tracked exercises can be retrieved or have they been lost?

I have lost up to 4-5 runs over the last few weeks but found that when I did update the app - it would help. My current version is 2.48 and seems like I am a few versions behind!

Thanks,

Ada

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the most current version of the app. I have found it does not happen
as often if I do not pause my workout, but since I run in a more suburban
area, I get stopped occasionally at traffic lights. If I don't pause, it
does negatively affect my pace (adding between 30 and 60 seconds to a
mile), which is disappointing.

Any bug fix down the road for this?

Laura
Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding in a "Me too" with my Galaxy S8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @FuzzyBoots, @SunsetRunner, @Loweskr and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @kwanaa. I'm sorry I haven't post anything lately since I've been away.

I can understand not pausing the exercise may impact negatively the exercise. Nonetheless these is a temporary workaround while our teams are investigating the source of this issue to roll a fix in the future.

Unfortunately if this happens, there is no way to recover the exercise or the missing data for these period of time.

As soon I got more updates I will let you know and thank you for all your patience.

Best Answer
0 Votes