Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG K10 Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was unaware that a phone compatibility list even existed when I bought my LG K10 2017 Android phone. Neither did the person in the EE phone shop who sold it to me alongside a display of Fitbit products. I previously had the LG G2 which synchronised well, until the Bluetooth function stopped working on the phone, so I bought the new K10 to continue synchronising my Blaze when I go out running. The irony isn't lost on me. So, when will the LG K10 2017 become a compatible phone?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Iwan The LG K10 has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Iwan The LG K10 has all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but is currently not on our list of supported devices. This means that our Android team has not yet tested it for compatibility and added it to the list. If the device supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0), I recommend giving the setup flow a try.

If setup does not work, I recommend setting up and syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more Android devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a Blaze firmware update yesterday, 17.8.402.1, and now my watch receives notifications and has connected GPS with my LG K10 2017 phone. Thank you for that. The phone still isn't on the compatibility list but at least stuff is working at last.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife has a LGK10 that up to when she got the new update it work fine but with the new one will not sync ...

So if you as a company are going to put new software out you shod make it possible to roll back if there is a problem. And as for you Android list all devices shod be comparable be for you release .as for not doing this you fitbit become not fit for purpose 

Mr Paul Day

Best Answer
0 Votes

My LG K10 has just stopped sync'ing so I raised a ticket with support and they just said it was not supported and I should go back to my Samsung S5. Not very happy as it has been working fine for 3 months since I upgraded to it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The advice you were given doesn't sound particularly supportive, even perhaps glib, given that modern tech products, especially mobile phones, have built in obsolescence, so, it's inevitable they have to be upgraded. The Samsung S5 is "old tech" now. 'Poor form' Fitbit, poor form!

Best Answer

Is there any way to sync a charge HR 3 to an older phone or through the computer? I didn't realize that it wasn't supported because I had an original charge HR that worked fine, so I tried using my computer but it says it's a mobile set up only. Should I just return it? My phone is a 2016/2017 model and I don't intend on replacing it until it dies really.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem went away when the Fitbit app was updated a few days later, which rather suggests a problem with the app and not the compatibility. Since then there has not been a problem so I think you should be fine, try it out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That presents quite a problem. Ask Fitbit support if there's a PC version of their software? I'm the same with my K10 2017, apart from the phone part I only really use it to synchronise my step count and as a music player, so I expect it will outlast my Fitbit Blaze. When I discovered the original compatibility problem I did consider taking the phone back, but it's a great phone, so I stuck with it. When my Blaze eventually "packs up" I might consider one of the other firms like Garmin who have been at it longer and I've been told have a better customer service reputation. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes