Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last night's sleep appears as today's

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok strange title but I am sure  I'm not the only one.

Open the Sleep App, Sync, it says "Today" for my sleep.

However no one I know talks about last night's sleep as today.

The App is basically looking at when the majority of the hours asleep were and assigning that with the date.

But If I go to bed a Saturday at 11pm and wake up Sunday at 8am, I don't ever think of is a sleep associated with Sunday, it's last nights sleep.

Small mountain to die upon, I would like to last night's sleep to be labelled as last night, not today

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Sorry, but you cannot change that.  Have to learn to think of it as this morning's sleep instead of last night's.  Actually it is not based on when most of sleep is, but sleep is always credited to the day you wake up.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Cheers for the quick reply.

I was thinking maybe in some countries when they say, "I had a great sleep Saturday" people actually know it's Friday night's sleep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know of any countries thinking of it like that - just the way Fitbit decided to go.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hi @Compact and @JohnnyRow. It's nice to see you around here. I'm sorry for the delayed response and let me help you with your inquiry.

@Compact, I understand where are you coming from about how the sleep details are displayed. As @JohnnyRow mentioned, the sleep data will be saved on the day that you wake up regardless of the amount of hours slept. For example, on my app I can see that I sleep from 10:00 PM (yesterday) to 6:00 AM (today), since going to sleep on Sunday and waking up on Monday affects how I perform on Monday, it no longer has any impact on Sunday. This is why the log shows as the following day.

While currently there isn't a way to change how your Fitbit device records your sleep data, I appreciate your feedback and I'm sure our team will continue working to enhance our products and overall environment.

By the way, I've moved your post to the Android board so you can receive more related responses about this situation, and to keep our forums organized.

I'll be around if you have another question.

Best Answer