Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Active Minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I did a 6 hour hike with friends. My steps, distance and flights are all showing on the app but the ‘active minutes’ has reset to zero. I recently replaced my Fitbit charge 4 both it and the app are up to date. Is this a software bug? I can find no way to edit/add the missing active minutes. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Steve987 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the detailed information shared. 

In this case, I'd like you to make sure your Charge 3 is syncing to your app, this to ensure all the stats are showing up. As you mentioned that you have active minutes instead of Active Zone Minutes, I suspect you have a Charge 3 instead of a Charge 4. 

Take into consideration that Fitbit devices calculate active minutes through metabolic equivalents (METs). This metric, which factors in your body mass, is used to estimate exercise intensity. METs are calculated through a ratio (source) Rate of energy expended during an activity : rate of energy expended during rest.

In an effort to provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting, let me know if this has happened again or before and if that was the day were you replaced your Charge 3. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes