Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxe: Not Getting Text Notifications Anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Since the last update has anyone noticed that they are no longer getting text notifications on the Luxe?

I am using Android and they had an update around the same time so I am really struggling to determine the cause to be able to resolve it.  I have tried everything I know of on both and no luck.

I have the Samsung 21 5G.  Andorid verision:  12

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @CatrinaM 

Let’s check your settings. Open your Fitbit App, tap your profile picture then scroll down and tap Luxe. Now scroll down and tap notifications. (You might receive a pop up here requesting permissions. Accept the permission if you have any pop up)

Look to ensure your test messages are enabled. (if it’s already enabled, try disabling it, sync your Fitbit Luxe then enable it again and again sync your Luxe. Now, while on the same page tap App notifications and make sure your message app is enabled as well. Again, sync your Fitbit Luxe so your tracker will accept any changes you may have made. 

If your still not receiving your text messages let’s look at the settings of your Android: 

• Ensure your Fitbit app runs in the background by going to Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app and turning off Background restrictions or Background limits.
  • Check that your Fitbit app is installed on your phone’s internal storage, not on an external SD card or other storage. The Fitbit app does not consistently work when installed on an SD card.
  • Turn off battery optimization and limitations.
    1. Go to Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization.
    2. Change the view to All apps.
    3. Search for the Fitbit app and choose Don’t optimize (or not optimized.)
  • Also check: Settings > Apps & notifications > Notifications > Notifications on lock screen and set to Show conversations.

😃 I hope this gets your text messages up and running again. Please come back and let me know how it goes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of this and more.  I am still not receiving texts messages.  The notifications is very specific to this feature because it tells me when I missed a call, reminder to do my hourly steps, and I even just did the Find Phone and it found it!

Any other suggestions?   This is causing me to miss many texts as I have been wearing the Fitbit for several years now and rely on it for this feature; especially when my phone is on silent at work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried to empty cache?

Go to phone "Settings" -> "Apps and notifications" -> "View all Apps" -> "Fitbit" ->Storage and Cache -> Empty Cache

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just didn't but didn't work.  There was not much cache as I had uninstalled the app and reinstalled it a few hours earlier.  Even repaired the device.

Does it matter that I don't have "apps and notifications" on my android version?  They are seperate out now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are on Android 12? If you swipe down from the top of the homescreen, long tap the notification you want to toggle on/off.

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes