Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macros and macro totals are incorrect on the App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I enter and my food it shows a crackly. When I look at the totals it is highly inflated. For instance if I eat something that has 10 mg of vitamin a, when I go to the total screen it will show 10000 mg. It is doing that on all macro and micro nutrients.

I have the same problem.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts/label/subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. Thanks for participating in the community forums. 

Thank you for the information and for taking the time to report this matter. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. I've forwarded your comments to our team so they can further investigate this situation. I'll update this thread once I receive more details. Thank you for your patience. 

On a side note, please note that I've merged your posts to this single thread to keep our forums organized.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

I updated the app this week and when I check my nutrition details it is way off.  Much worse than it was before.  For instance on the food tracking page it shows 1,136 total calories, 155 grams of carbs, 27 grams of fat, and 79 grams of protein. When I look at the nutrient detail it shows 2,755 grams of carbs, 80 grams of fat, and 224 grams of protein. In addition it shows 293 grams of fiber and 55 grams of iron which are items I check regularly and know that this is not possible.  What happened with this latest app update? Wow, I can't believe the update took a known problem and made it even worse. This is on top of the problem with the Sense not being able to calculate floors correctly.

Best Answer

@Greyhoundfun Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. Please try the following: 

- Log out from the Fitbit app 

- Clear app cache 

- Restart your phone 

- Test this feature 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed your instructions yesterday and it did not correct the problem.  Today is showing 71 g carbs, 33 g fat, 92 g protein under macronutrients in the food tracking section.  Then when I click on nutrients it shows 1,186 g carbs, 68 g fat, 210 g protein, 129 g fiber, 21 mg iron.  These numbers are not even close to being correct.

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue and have also tried the above steps to resolve it without any success. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and it's super frustrating because I primarily use fitbit to track calories and sodium and now both are off completely. From messing with it the issue seems to be that the nutrient details are now multiplying by the number in the serving amount (if greater than 1). This is the case even when I create a custom food. For example if the serving size is set to 4 oz, 250 cals, 50mg sodium, if I log it as 4 oz... the sodium multiplies by 4 to 200mg. If I adjust it to 1oz I get the 50mg sodium correct but then calories automatically adjust and are off. This needs to be fixed!

Best Answer

I've noticed the same problem and found the source for me atleast. It's still very much a bug though.

If I enter a custom food as 100 Grams (Swedish standard and for me the most easy and accurate to track), and then add the macros:

6g fat,

10g Carbs, 

20g protein

That's gonna show up correctly in the diagram but it's gonna be 100x that under the "nutrients" tab =

600g fat

1000g Carbs

2000g Protein

(provided I enter 100g of said food).

So the "food tracker" reads the macro values I enter for 100g as the values for 1g - and then skyrockets it to absurd amounts in the "nutrients" tab.

I'm assuming that whatever method you enter with, it's probably the same type of coding error underneath causing it to shoot through the roof. 

Please fix this error FitBit! 

Best Answer

Hello @BOBAUGHER. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this experience and thanks for taking the time to report this. Could you please confirm if this inconvenience is related to the one reported in this thread? Also, please confirm if you have followed the suggested troubleshooting steps in that thread

Also, it would be great if you can attach a screenshot. This way it can be further investigated. To attach images, please check here for instructions. Lastly, I've moved this thread to another board to keep our forums organized. 

I look forward to your response. 

Best Answer
Yes it is the same issue. The suggested solution did not fix the problem.
Thanks
Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thanks for participating in the community forums. 

Thank you for the information and for taking the time to report this matter. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. I've forwarded your comments to our team so they can further investigate this situation. I'll update this thread once I receive more details. Thank you for your patience. 

On a side note, please note that I've merged your posts to this single thread to keep our forums organized.

See you around. 

Best Answer

The daily nutritional total values are extremely high and clearly incorrect within the food log function of the app. I welcome any feedback. Thank you. 

Best Answer

I have been trying to diligently track my foods on the app and have recently tried to focus on my sodium input. I have noticed that when I input the sodium content on a custom food that it reads it as grams instead of mg. In my daily nutrient report. I tried putting the values in as decimal points but now it says my sodium intake on the day is 0. Any suggestions how to get an accurate report.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Dartanion56.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I would like to confirm that this issue has been reported to our team and they are currently investigating it. I appreciate your patience and understanding. I've merged your post to this thread for more information. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So many healthy foods are incorrect for macros that it renders the existing data unusable. You have to log everything unique on your own to know it is right.. This happens even when scanning food labels. Data quality needs addressed and we should be able to manage our frequent food list to keep our custom entries, not rely on the app to decide when it's been frequent enough to be added to the list. I carb cycle, it is very effective, but this app is such a barrier to accurate tracking.

Best Answer

Macros:

52% carbs 199g = 796 kCal

40% fat 67g = 603 kCal

8% protein 29g = 116kCal

Nutrients

Total fat 493.12 g

Saturated fat 53.08

Cholesterol 0mg

Sodium 1,356mg

Total carbs 2,628.48g...

It seems wildly inaccurate. Uninstalled app, restarted Pixel 2. Reinstalled app. I think these values in the nutrients section have been there a few days.

Best Answer

@kadams060306 @Varrick Hi there. Thanks for the details shared. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. I merged your posts in this thread as you're experiencing the same as other users mentioned here. 

Our team is aware of this and they are currently investigating it. As soon as more details are shared, they will be posted here. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have had to go on a low saturated fat diet and am recording my food via the Fitbit app - however, it is recording calories correctly but the nutrients figures are ridiculously wrong all the time - as an example, it thinks yesterday I consumed 1.3kg of fat, 372g saturated fat, 8400mg cholesterol, 40,300mg sodium, enough vitamin A to supply the NHS so and and so on - but I have only consumed 1395 calories. What is going on?? 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Throwing in my two cents as well.

I had one serving of a large veggie straw bag that only had .5g saturated fat per serving

Yet now the macronutrients page tells me I added 16g of saturated fat??? I scanned the bar code of the bag and everything. I didn't down the entire bag. Maybe in the old days, but not anymore- I'm trying to care about my intake now, something this app makes quite frustrating to accomplish.

Best Answer

Latest update fitbit app update the food tracking for nutrition is reporting incorrectly. It shows dietary fiber in the 1000's for example. Saturated fat is close as are calories. All other data below those are suspect

How do I fix

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

Hello @rp7073. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for taking the time to report this matter. Looks like the inconvenience you're reporting was already reported to our team and they are working to identify a resolution. For more details and updates, I've merged your post to this thread. Thanks for your continued patience. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes