Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macros and the Android App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I am just starting out on Keto and tracking Macros, I'm primarily using the android app to keep my total carbs under 25 each day.

If I click on my food log for yesterday, in the macronutrients section the chart shows that 7% of my intake was carbs, totalling 22g - good result. But if I click the Nutrition Facts link beneath it, the number is considerably higher, showing 51.91g.

Either my understanding or the app is wrong, can anyone advise on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

I have the same problem looks like nothing has changed! Also no matter how much vitamin D or Tran fat I enter it never records in the nutrition tab. Just shows as a dash. The difference between the macro and nutrition is big.

Best Answer

This has never been fixed. It IS an app issue not a phone issue.
Simple test...... with a blank day add 1 tsp of salt, check the Nutrition Facts. Delete the 1 tsp of salt and add a tsp of salt with a quantity of 50, check the Nutrition Facts, it will show the value of 1 tsp of salt. Sodium is unchanged whether you have 1 tsp or 50 tsps. That's not quite right.

Now try two sandwiches. Add 1 slice of whole wheat bread, add 1 slice of whole wheat bread, add 1 slice of whole wheat bread, add one last final slice of whole wheat bread for two sandwiches. Check Nutrition Facts, the numbers will be correct when adding them individually. Delete everything.... Add whole wheat bread but select a quantity of 4 for the slices... check the Nutrition Facts, it will show the information for 1 slice of whole wheat bread.

Best Answer

Fitbit, you guys seriously need to fix this issue already. It's been 7 months and you still do not have a fix? Your suggested solution to reinstall the app is a total joke. This is a bug in your programming that should have been fixed by now. When will this be resolved?

Best Answer

@Sanso14 Hi there. Thank you for the details shared. 

The carbs showing in the Macronutrients and in the nutrition facts should be the same number as both will show totals. I'd like you to confirm that you have installed the latest Fitbit app in your phone. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just installed their latest update for Android, STILL not fixed. This is the kind of egregious bug I'd get called in on a weekend to fix. Absolutely disgraceful.

Best Answer

Same here, makes tracking net carbs impossible using the app. Please fix!

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply. I do have the latest update and they dont match, and its a known issue apparently since July last year - I found a post on the subject linked below.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Macronutrients-and-nutrition-facts-not-matching/m-p/4769...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sanso14 Thank you for the research done. 

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is absolutely unconscionable that this bug existed in the first place - but to still have not fixed it after 7+ months???  This Versa is my first taste of the Fitbit experience. I will not make the same mistake twice.

What's all the more hilarious is these people expect us to pay more for "premium" when the most basic functionalities of their system are broken.

Best Answer

This is an absolute shame. I've recently come back to the fitbit brand and discovered that these didn't match. I expected this to be a new error not something that has persisted for months.

Best Answer
I've had an ongoing complaint with FITBIT Support. It seems as though they want to pacify you with excuses and not address the problem. I told them I would begin to let the sites that review the FITBIT know about this issue and their inability or unwillingness to address it. I have posted the issue on several of the FITBIT Youtube Review Videos. My review of the FITBIT app has been reduced to one star with an explanation of the issue and a link to the FITBIT Community and this thread.
Best Answer

Hi everyone,

I moved your posts to this thread because you're experiencing the same as the previous users described. The troubleshooting performed and the details mentioned are appreciated. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. Just wanted to let you know that we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've long since run out of "understanding" on this one. You're guaranteeing I never buy from you again with this pathetic apathy toward your own software.

Best Answer
0 Votes