Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual logging of exercise

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When I manually log my exercise it tells me it is in the future and will not accept it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
I figured it out. Duh, so simple. I was thinking the number to the left of the dots is for minutes and the one to the right is for seconds... but the time is for hours and minutes. So, your 25 minutes should be input as 00:25. I was inputting my duration as 30:00, which would actually be 30 hrs, not 30 minutes. That's why I got the error message.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Check the time and date carefully.  It defaults in unexpected ways.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I have the very same problem! I am not able to log exercise on my phone. Gives me the same error and keeps asking me for activity type when I have that info filled in. I double check, triple check, quadruple check the date and time is as it should be. Still nothing but oops, can't log activity that is in the future... blah blah blah I can create an activity log on my computer but it doesn't show up on the exercise tile so I don't get credit for it at all. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner@Spamalot I recommend making sure you're updated to the latest version of the Fitbit App for Android, version 2.19 and then give it another try. Keep me posted.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I have the same problem, my software is up to date.  for instance, this morning I rode my bike for 3 miles.  I just tried to enter the activity with this mornings date and start at 0800 end date 25 minutes later and It says "the time and duration specified is in the future."

wont let me enter it.

Best Answer
I figured it out. Duh, so simple. I was thinking the number to the left of the dots is for minutes and the one to the right is for seconds... but the time is for hours and minutes. So, your 25 minutes should be input as 00:25. I was inputting my duration as 30:00, which would actually be 30 hrs, not 30 minutes. That's why I got the error message.
Best Answer
excellent, it worked!! Thank you, now I have my week logged 🙂
Best Answer
Awesome! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

It still does not work when I do that

but anytime I write 1.001 for the distance it says I only burned 94 calories

when I burnt over 100 and went 1.562  and it will only accept a small number when I type 1.001

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much for explaining the set time confusion. Thought I was going crazy, Twilight Zone style.

Best Answer

Have a simple solution. Make sure that when writing in your start time that you have the correct time of day; AM or PM. I was just trying to manually log a circuit workout for 11am and it automatically clicked onto 11pm, which meant it was in the future. Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

My duration states 00:25.  I select ok. next screen still shows duration as 25:00.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!!

Best Answer
0 Votes