Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map thumbnail not showing in exercise list

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.  New to this.  I have  charge 2 and so far like it but the maps function isn't working properly.  Having done a hike route I couldn't initially find any map showing.  It was there on my mobile browser when I logged into my fitbit.com but where it said map in the app it was just blank, no map.  I used force stop in the settings and reopened the app and the map appeared as a thumbnail on the list of excercise and also when I opened that excercise it showed me the large map.  I cycled through the options splits, heart rate, etc and went back to map and it was again blank.  When I came out the thumbnail was gone again.  What's going on and how do I get this to show map and thumbnail as it should. Thanks

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@TokaS Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing now so I can better understand your experience? That would be super helpful in further troubleshooting this with you. Thanks in advance!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20170816-121419.png

This is the normal view... 

Best Answer

I have found that since yesterday occasionally the map thumbnails do now show but sometimes not first time. Screenshot_20170816-121451.png

Occasionally this does happen and it shows the thumbnails but this doesn't happen every time... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

On a, slightly different matter is there any way of adding a hike tile to this dashboard screen so it's immediately there to access. Screenshot_20170816-122403.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

So i did a run this morning using the run program on my fibit charge 2. The map wouldnt display but then it did but didnt show splits then it didnt show the map again. I forced closed the app, restarted my phone and logged out of the app. Now i dont even have map as an option! Help i am using android. Oh and on previous runs ive done i didnt have this problem. Ive even ran this trail before with no problems. Ty

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same problem, only started since the most recent app update.

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 08/16/2017:  Everyone -- Several Android users have reported that they no longer see a thumbnail in the exercise list since updating to the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.55. I've made our team aware of this and they are currently investigating this. I appreciate you taking the time to report this issue and share your screenshots.

In the meantime, logging out and logging back in. That seemed to bring my map back when I tried it out. In addition, I will share an update when I get one. More to come!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Um im still having issues. Like i said logging out and in did NOT work!

Best Answer

I had something similar happen and called support. After following their instructions to delete the app data, it matched what you are reporting. Eventually support had it fixed for all but one day. After a few days I was told that it was a known issue for Android users and it is being worked on. After the Fitbit app update today I am back to not having any map or recent comparison data available. All map thumbnails are empty with spinning circles. I have reported it to Fitbit by email. Irritating as this might be, I expect it might take a few more updates before Fitbit has it working correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes