Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message notifications not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app upgraded this morning and now text messages are no longer coming through.  Calls work.  Tried to get help using chat function,  keep getting error message 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Tam67 - did you try via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I did however the chat function keeps coming up with an error message and crashing

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tam67 - it would indicate a problem with your phone perhaps.

Have you tried to logout of the app and restart both watch and phone, it may resolve the issue altogether.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Haha, yes I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Rebooted phone and fit bit, still no joy. It's only happened since the last version update which is a bit frustrating. Do you know if there's an email contact for support? Thanks so much for your support!

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

@Tam67  - thanks, you are more likely to get a quick response via chat.

Try chat with your WiFi on the phone turned off, just in case there is a problem.

If you reinstalled the app you will need to set up Notifications and App notifications again.

if that was done, also try logout of the app, clear storage cache and force stop it.

• Remove your watch Bluetooth entries from the phone's Bluetooth 
  • Login
  • Go to home screen without closing the app
  • Click the sync popup
  • Wait for the pair and link prompts 
  • Sync

That may fix the issue.

Also check How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have resolved this, thank you! Somehow my app permissions had changed and SMS had been removed.  

Best Answer