Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mileage Not Saving with Workouts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I've been using the Fitbit app to track my runs with no issue for a few months. I just switched over from an iPhone to a Pixel, and am having an issue where, even following the same steps that I used to track my mileage previously, the distance only associates briefly with the workout after I select "Finish" on the workout.

Steps Taken:

1. Started Run tracking on Fitbit
  2. Did run, receiving distance and pace prompts throughout the whole workout
  3. Completed workout and selected "Finish." Was able to see map, pacing, etc. until I went back to the main dashboard.

The distance seems to be associating with my distance total in general, but not with the workout itself.

Am I missing something here, or is this just an Android vs. iOS thing I'll have to get used to?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner, welcome aboard the Fitbit Community. Are you using the GPS feature(MobileRun)? And have you paused the exercise in any moment?

Based on the steps you have mentioned I can assume this is how you are recording the exercise, although I would like to make sure this to avoid any misunderstanding.

Also have you noticed any other data is missing from your run exercise when is finished (Like the map course)

Distance will be provided if your exercise is recorded with the MobileRun feature. Although I've seen when you paused the exercise sometimes may fail to save the map and other data when you finished.

Let me know this information, I'll be around for more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Roberto,

I'd guess the pause function would be what's causing the issue. Is there
any plan in the roadmap to push through a fix for this? I never had any
issues with this on the iOS version of the app, and it's an extremely
useful function for city street running.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thank you for the update. I can understand this features very useful. Indeed, rest assure our teams are working hard on this glitch to roll a fix in the future. I don't have an specific time to share with you though but If I got more news regarding this I will let you know.

Stay tuned to the Fitbit Community and for more questions you can find me here.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes