Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Friend in Challenge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

This is weird, I don't kow if anyone else has had this happen to them.

On Monday I started up two challenges, a workweek challenge with 3 friends and a daly challenge with 2 of the same 3 friends. During the day one of those friends "disappeared" from both the challenges. When I say she disappeared, she didn't quit, she just disappeared from the leaderboards.

When the daily challenge ended the "in challenge" message said that the missing friend had won but on the summary screen it said "nobody won" and when I chekced the leaderboard I finished second and my other friend third, without showing my missing friend as the winner.

On the weekly challenge I am still getting notifications that my friend is achieving her step goals etc, but again she isn't showing on the leaderboard. Yet when I invited another friend in to the challenge she could see the "missing" friend still leading the way? I left and re-joined the challenge without it "fixing" the leaderboard and I am having the same issue on the app on both my phone and my tablet so it's not specific to a device.

I've invited her in to subsequent daily challenges and she's appearing fine, so clearly something went wrong on Monday that caused her to "vanish".

It's obviously not that big a deal but it's a bit annoying trying to chase someone's step count when you don't know what it is?

Just curious if anyone else has had that this problem and if there is a solution if it happens again?

Thanks

Martin

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Marty23 Have you tried logging out and logging back into the Fitbit app? 

If the issue persists, can you please send me a couple of screenshots of what exactly you're seeing along with which Android device and Android OS version (click here in Android browser) you're running on your phone. That will be super helpful in checking out what the root source of the issue is.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Yes I've logged out and back in again and it hasn't fixed the problem. The android version I am running is Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and Android 5.1 (Lollipop) on my tablet (Hudl 2). It's not that big a deal. Because I've been ill this week I'm miles behind anyway but I was more concerned if it happens again in the future.

I'm afraid I've no idea how I am supposed to send you a screenshot as there doesn't appear to be a way of including a file in this message, but basically it shows the leaderboard for the weekly challenge with only 3 people on it, yet I am getting messages within the challenge telling me my missing friend (who should be the fourth person in the challenge) has added X amounts of steps, taken the lead etc and as I said, when I invited another friend in to the challenge they can see the missing friend on the leaderboard.

Thanks

Martin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Erick

I just realised you can send a screen shot in a private message so I have done that to try and explain.

As I said, it's not that big a deal, just would like to know how to fix it if it happens again

Thanks

Martin

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem since last week. I receive a notification that my friend has joined the challenge but I can't see the steps in the challenge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes