Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep recorder

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does the fitbit record sleep and how accurate is it?

I have just gone cold turkey from years of sleeping pill usage and insomnia has had a big role in my life. 

Regards. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @C1JNA good to see you have joined to our Fitbit Community. 

The Fitbit tracker read your sleep based on your movement. When you haven't moved in over an hour or so, your tracker will assume that sleep has begun, which is then confirmed by the length of time your movements like rolling over, etc.

And when you wake up applies the same principle. Morning movement tells your tracker that you're awake. About accuracy there is something you need to keep in mind, If you're not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it's possible for your tracker to falsely record sleep but in case that happen you can always delete or edit the sleep record from your dashboard or the mobile app.

Additionally to the accuracy subject, you can also control how sensitive is your tracker is, by accessing on the tracker settings. Thus works if you feel the sleep is not being detailed on your logs or if is picking to much movement. Also your tracker works most accurately when it is worn on your wrist during sleep because arm movements are a good indicator of how heavily you are sleeping.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes