Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decrease in calories burned for routine walking route

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Greetings & Happy New Year Everyone!!...

Since early December of last year, my calories burned calculated for my walking route has decreased significantly.  

In example, for 12/2/2016 vs. 12/3/2016, my calories burned per minute went from 8.7/minute to 5.1/minute which is just over a 41% decrease.  Total calories burned went from 1,007 to 571, a little over a 43% decrease.

This was pretty much the same amount of miles (5.33 miles vs. 5.29 miles for 12/2/2016 & 12/3/2016 respectively), almost identical pace (21'41" vs. 21'14" for 12/2/2016 & 12/3/2016 respectively), similar duration (1 hr & 55 mins vs. 1 hr & 52 mins for 12/2/2016 & 12/3/2016 respectively) and same elevation & terrain.

Prior to 12/2/2016, I averaged around 970 to 1,000 calories burned on this route.  Now I'm averaging around 550 to 580 calories burned.  If this is the correct calculation going forward, it seems odd to have walked for almost 2 hours (a good protion of it up hill) just to have burned 500 calories.

Any ingisht would be helpful.  Thank You!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @lesuala! Welcome and Happy New Year to you too!

There are several things that could have impacted that. Perhaps the tracker recorded less steps even if you did walk the very same route. Other possibility could be if you logged a lighter weight between those two days, that could impact how many calories are burned. Depending on the tracker, the HR could also be a factor.

I'd recommend that we try to restart the Fitbit, just to be sure. So that I can get you the correct instructions on how to do it, could you please let me know what tracker are you using?

Look forward to your reply so that we can make sense of this situation.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza

My tracker (Fitbit Flex) recorded 10,541 & 11,525 steps on the 2nd and 3rd respectively.  My recorded weight on the tracker was 250 & 251 lbs on the 2nd & 3rd respectively.

My phone is a Note 5

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @lesuala! Thanks for reaching back.

Based on the huge difference in calories, and that the other information does not really add up (your weight being higher, basically walking same distance/steps), I'd recommend that you get in touch with our Support Team. They should be able to take a closer look and will be happy to help you.

Please do keep me posted on how it goes with them.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes