Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Track not responding?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Based on what I had seen over the forums, I tried using Mobile Track when bicycling. From what I can tell, it takes an awful long time to "finish" if I went for a longer ride. If my ride is about 2 hours, after finishing the ride, I kept getting "not responding, "report," "wait," or "ok" (to stop). I recall a few weeks ago, I kept hitting "wait" for a few hours before it showed a map. Performance problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @raoloka, nice to see you in this opportunity in the Fitbit Community! Probably due to the amount of data your app has recorded in the period of two hours it might take a while to compile the data of your exercise, or the memory capacity is not enough for this task causing the app crash. However I just brainstorming possible causes of the scenario you are experiencing.

I'm wondering if this is happening with shorter exercise versions of your daily routine, or is the behavior equally for any exercise you track? Also I'm wondering if you are exclusively using MobileTrack or you are referring to MobileRun? Note that these are two different features. In other words just to summarize; MobileTrack allows you to track your basic activity data with your phone without the need of a tracker and MobileRun uses your phone GPS along with your tracker's data to provide you GPS information.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if you have tried to clear the cache of your mobile App? If not please give it a try to see if this resolved the error you are seeing:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you later and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi @RobertoME,
Thanks for getting back.
First of all, I'm using MobileTrack (that I happened to notice on Strava
forums), and as yet am not aware of MobileRun :-). It was suggested to pick
"Run" activity (on Strava forums) even if I'm bicycling.
With my first attempt I couldn't even get the Fitbit app to Pause (and
then go on to finish). So I tried just doing a short walk and that seemed
to work. So, I went on to try with my bicycling activity again. So my guess
is, rather unscientific, but it probably work okay with short "runs."
Another piece of reference that may be relevant is that I paired Fitbit
with Strava (both ways), and perhaps the slow response could be trying to
communicate/sync with Strava.
I'll try to follow up on your suggestion (clearing the cache) and try it
again and let you know the outcome.
- Thanks,
- Rao.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I replied from my email reader, but somehow it didn't make it to the forum ... But I tried the suggestion (clearing the cache and restarting). It didn't seem to work. In fact, it went back to the scenario where the app wouldn't even respond to touching the "pause" icon.

Best Answer
0 Votes