Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile track step error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I left my Alta at home today so decided to enable the mobiletrack on my Nexus 6P however the steps are wildly incorrect.  Google fit is showing on 600 steps but the fitbit app dashboard is now showing 36,680 steps and 32.54 km walked.  I don't think that that is possible sitting at my desk in the office.

I was hoping to capture my lunchtime walk to not miss out on too many steps but I think adding 36,000 steps is a bit much.  Is ther anyway I can reset my steps to a more realistic amount?  The app is showing that all 36,000 steps were done in 1 15 minute period.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

As an added issue, I now have badges for each milestone between 15,000 and 35,000 steps that I would like to save for when I actually deserve them.  Is there anyway to delete the badges?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, @bmowen! Welcome to the Forums! Heart This is definitely not normal. Is this the first time you experience this issue?

You can try the following:

-Reboot your phone

- Remove/ re add MobileTrack

- Log out of Fitbit / log back in

- Uninstall / re-install app

This should get you back on track, let me know! Robot wink

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

This is the first time I have had this issue despite using mobiletrack several times before..  I have already tried all of the steps you have suggested.  I emailed support about this after posting here and they have suggested a way to remove the steps by logging an excersise of driving which I have done.  My steps are now showing more accuratly however I am unable to remove the badges which I have received.  This is extremely disappointing .  The badges are an important part in motivating me to do a little bit more each day/week.

I won't be using mobiletrack again if this is the kind of thing that can happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to have mobile track installed with no problem. Then this happened several times a few months ago

I uninstalled to fix it. Have tried  reinstalling on 3 different occasions since and have the same issue immediately.  12000 steps in 20 min. It is unusable this way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes