Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

I, too, have had the update..Have had 2 walks--but both have been short...2 and 3 miles respectively. I'm happy to report all data was saved (even maps!!). I hesitate to do a 5 mile distance all at once, as the sting of the previous losses is still fresh..LOL...This Granny has plans with a 4 year old today, but I have every intention of a 5 mile test tomorrow, weather (Ohio) permitting....

Best Answer

Hey everyone! 

It would seem like the update is working for some of you. It would be great if we could get more experiences from others. Have you gotten the update? If so, how's it working?

Look forward to your replies and updates.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Has not worked for me. Same as before. So far worked twice, failed third time. Third walk, (which got paused half way through for a coffee) is recorded but only with tracker style basic data.
It has recorded the split/paused walk as two walks.
On this tiny sample of three walks new app performing pretty much same as before...ie sporadic.
Will test again tomorrow and report back. Thanks for showing an interest, from the UK

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer

Mine has worked 3 out of 3 times today despite being told by fitbit support that the problem is due to my phone not being compatible!?

Screenshot_20170324-205931.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

My walk (3.5 mi) was a FAIL also...the map appeared on my Laptop in the Log (activity tab) for about 2 minutes, with all the corresponding information. Then, nothing there except the previous day's stats...As I said earlier, I'm new to Fitbit so I'm now going to ask for a lesson and a little guidance...Is there anyway I can do a snapshot of my map as soon as I finish a walk? Would love to have the information saved for my own benefit... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is not a fitbit question as such....Just check out your phone: how to take a screen shot or how to take a screen grab.
At least this will tide you over until it gets fixed.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

Mine is still not working reliably.  I've lost three of five walks.  I've actually stopped trying until I hear it's fixed.  I'm using mapmywalk and had to leave the fitbit at home, which breaks my heart.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my fitbit and the whole fitbit system, but the current issue is too severe to try to work with.  I'm confident Fitbit will find a fix soon and I'm waiting to hear more.  But my logs are TOO important to me to keep testing and failing.  It's a bug and if they don't roll back to when it worked, then an immediate fix, I'm sure, is their top priority. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree 100% wth everything you say. Unreliable.
I love my fitbit too.
This is all very upsetting.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not too sure when the update was or if i have hbutad it my fitbit bit lost my map on Thursday evening. Last night however it did record the map. I was overjoyed as it was a long walk! 

Also spell check corrected mybdesired user namefrom pussypye. Any chance I could please change it. My current name has caused much hilarity at work 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

My hubby suggested this too. Great idea as I'm pretty sure you can add pics to a workout! X

Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning walk...2.2 miles...Fail...Information from this walk is collected under "impact"..(calories, steps, active minutes...as is the information for heart rate under that tab...but no map and no distance listed in the Log for Activity....Don't know if I'm more annoyed or frustrated...But, on the bright side...LOL...I was able to do a screen grab before it disappeared...Guess that's something...LOL...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the ""improved"" app with 3 separate walks

Walk 1 .  selected walk option at the tracker . did not select track my walk in the exercise section of the app. kept my phone close bluetooth on,  location on. made sure the suggestions made for the latest app upgrade where applied.

Result:-  Stats correct, distance (5mile) steps duration etc.   NO ROUTE MAPPING (This used to work since the update 9th march and prior to update few days ago)

Walk 2.   Did not choose "walk" in the tracker..   Did not select track my walk in the exercise section of the app. kept my phone close bluetooth on,  location on. made sure the suggestions made for the latest app upgrade where applied.

Result.:-Stats correct, distance (4.5mile) steps duration etc.   NO ROUTE MAPPING (This used to work since the update 9th march and prior to update few days ago)

Walk 3. Did not choose "walk" in the tracker.. chose track my walk from option in exercise section of the app. phone close and bluetooth on, location on and recommended settings applied.

Result :- Stats correct, distance (6 mile) steps duration etc. probably more accurate than previous methods employed.  NO ROUTE MAPPING...      

Ok fit bit I surrender  since you are not communicating what you are doing and why your product does not do what it is supposed to do. I assume you don't care , I give up. Contact me if you have something to say worth listening to..Meanwhile i will use google maps to work out my route stats

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Altrick wrote:

Tried the ""improved"" app with 3 separate walks

Walk 1 .  selected walk option at the tracker . did not select track my walk in the exercise section of the app. kept my phone close bluetooth on,  location on. made sure the suggestions made for the latest app upgrade where applied.

Result:-  Stats correct, distance (5mile) steps duration etc.   NO ROUTE MAPPING (This used to work since the update 9th march and prior to update few days ago)

This option puzzles me a little. The others I can easily understand, but I haven't experienced this problem with my Charge 2 and Android app version 2.45.  I have used the Walk exercise mode with Connected GPS every day since v2.45 was released, and it has created the map each time and saved it in the app & fitbit.com dashboard exercise logs.  There have been a couple times when I started the Walk exercise mode and the phone icon on the screen showed that it did not connect to the GPS, and I had to open an app on the phone such as Google Maps to force the GPS to open. But, once that was done, it stayed connected for the rest of the walk and created an accurate map.

Best Answer
0 Votes

interesting. i will check for forced GPS connectivity next time out.  i hav'nt noticed if the phone connection icon on the tracker shows available or not...  will look and check next.   i have experienced an issue like this before in another context where it is necessary to disable and re-enable bluetooth..   i think this is because bluetooth can not sync two different devices simultaneously and cannot automatically "forget" a sync and re-sync.    perhaps GPS crossover causes similar problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me only since the new dashboard was uploaded.  There was an upgrade a few days ago and the day after, my map worked. Great, I thought, problem fixed.  But it is back to not recording my route and pace today.  Really not happy.  Have tried a few suggestions made already on the forum, but nothing has worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went for a 7 mile walk today started my tracker while still in the shade of the car. by pressing the button on the Charge2 twice then pressed and held the button while the "walk" option displayed..  All this as normal apart from I could see the screen clearly, often the sun is to bright,, The point is I noticed the icon of a mobile phone in the top right corner had a "/" through it meaning the GPS was not connecting with my phone which was turned on and in my pocket..  I took my phone out and logged out of the app and then back on again..    My charge2 immediately found and connected with the GPS. Guess What. all is good. Full route mapping at the end of walk. Solution :-  Make sure the GPS symbol is showing connected   not just available..... before you set off...WALKwith ROUTE.jpg

Hav'nt tried setting off with track my walk/run selected from within the app,    I assume this could benefit  people with the app and no tracker. I will try it sometime for the accuracy comparison..   but for now if it aint broken

moderator edit: format
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes you can take a snapshot of it, it's what I need to do as my fitbit app (on my HTC M10) isn't storing the mapping record either... I walked 7km today and saw the map after finishing and immediately took a snapshot of it.

my mapping of today, visible for a secondmy mapping of today, visible for a secondmy 7km walk from today, visible for a secondmy 7km walk from today, visible for a secondand my excercise screen after synchronising... to me it's an app issueand my excercise screen after synchronising... to me it's an app issue

Than I connected my fitbit One by starting BT and it started to synchronise and voila... mapping gone again Smiley Frustrated

1st snapshot, was taken right after finishing, the 2nd snapshot, is right after that when it was in the exercise screen for a second an the 3rd snapshot shows that today's walk has vanished again and March 19 is visible as latest exercise (which was a 30m test that actually was saved)

about taking a snapshot using your mobile phone, I have to hit the power button and the home button simultaneously to take a snapshot... depending on your phone it might work the same way (otherwise google for "how to take a snapshot with phone X" (where X of course is your phone brand and type) Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

The mapping on my app was working until the update on the 23rd March. Now I am having the same problem with my map disappearing.

Best Answer

@kimopo wrote:

Yes you can take a snapshot of it, it's what I need to do as my fitbit app (on my HTC M10) isn't storing the mapping record either... I walked 7km today and saw the map after finishing and immediately took a snapshot of it.

my mapping of today, visible for a secondmy mapping of today, visible for a secondmy 7km walk from today, visible for a secondmy 7km walk from today, visible for a secondand my excercise screen after synchronising... to me it's an app issueand my excercise screen after synchronising... to me it's an app issue

Than I connected my fitbit One by starting BT and it started to synchronise and voila... mapping gone again Smiley Frustrated

1st snapshot, was taken right after finishing, the 2nd snapshot, is right after that when it was in the exercise screen for a second an the 3rd snapshot shows that today's walk has vanished again and March 19 is visible as latest exercise (which was a 30m test that actually was saved)

about taking a snapshot using your mobile phone, I have to hit the power button and the home button simultaneously to take a snapshot... depending on your phone it might work the same way (otherwise google for "how to take a snapshot with phone X" (where X of course is your phone brand and type) Smiley Wink

That is exactly what happened to me syncing over wrote and deleted my phones gps mapping, my attachment however is not a snap shot capture

WALKwith ROUTE.jpgThis was taken after full sync several hours later and is still available now together with full stats..   Big improvement to what was happening.   I believe something in the update of march 9th affected how GPS connects to trackers or perhaps how trackers recognize and lock onto a phones GPS. Not noticing that the two are not locked on may cause the issues currently experienced..     in my case restarting the app while the tracker is trying to locate it worked..  As i stated i have not yet tried using the track option within the app.

Best Answer

I did a 3 mile walk today and SUCCESS!! I used the Connected GPS on my Charge 2, made sure all was connected and locked in...then simply hit the Start button. All the data AND the map route was still visible after the sync...tho I have noticed that, when maps come up missing, after being clearly visible, they disappear following an unusually long sync period....But for today...I'm a Happy Camper!!

Best Answer
0 Votes