Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

@PiLesley wrote:
Indeedy.
2.42 or don't pause.

Or if you want to use latest app just keep 'finishing' and starting lots of mini excercises if you want the splits

Sent by LeSLeY

Yeah but don't do it in an area with bad gps reception... if you finish gps gets deactivated and depending on the area you are in it might take a while to get it back ... if you keep tracking gps stays accurate even in areas with bad rec...

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data includes the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.42, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data includes the map and distance data. 

Two minor corrections:

1. 2.42 is the last working version; 2.43 and above are affected.

2. None of the data will be saved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Quppa Thanks for clarifying that! I've updated this thread to reflect this issue began with the Android app version 2.43 and has affected all app versions that have come after. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well great ... 4 month to establish: "houston we have a problem"

I hope you are better (faster) at fixin the problem... Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, I went for a run this morning and tracked it from my phone. during the run the tracking seemed to work fine. 
when I was done I pressed "finnish" and I saw the details. closed the app, and now everything is gone! It just tells me it autotracked my run... but now Idon't have the map/pace etc... 😞 is there any way to get this info back? or at least to fix the problem? 

it also doesn't show my daily distance in th overview anymore (since 5 days or so) 

Moderator edit: content.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lienne wrote:

hi, I went for a run this morning and tracked it from my phone. during the run the tracking seemed to work fine. 
when I was done I pressed "finnish" and I saw the details. closed the app, and now everything is gone! It just tells me it autotracked my run... but now Idon't have the map/pace etc... 😞 is there any way to get this info back? or at least to fix the problem? 

Sadly the data can't be restored.

When tracking your exercise only click 'pause' when you are ready to finish. If you resume after pausing the data won't be saved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lienne wrote:

What works right now for most people are these two fixes:

1. PiLesley Fix: Revert Fitbit App version via APK Mirror to pre 2.42.

2. My Fix: Do not pause runs.

Your data is lost... And is not recoverable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ran into this today after a run with Android app v2.53. Had my Charge on my wrist as well, but used the app to track GPS. When I completed my run I tapped Finish and the workout summary was visible. I did not pause during the run.

While on the workout summary screen, a notification that I had met my step goal popped up. I tapped it to see details, then when I tapped Back the workout summary was gone and the data was not saved to my Dashboard. Perhaps it's related to goal pop-ups?

Hopefully this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2.54 is out. The issue isn't fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I accidentally pressed 'resume' instead of 'finish' today and lost all my data for the first time in a while. Very frustrating, even though I should have known better.

Can we please get this bug fixed? At the very least just remove the 'resume' button in the meantime.

Best Answer

I went for a walk today I used the GPS tracker on fitbit app like I have done many other times. On the way back I did hit pause briefly - I am not sure I have ever paused before. The info was there when I finished - it was still calculating total impact info. I decided to do a short workout. I started the workout timer on my tracker. When I was done my walk map and details were gone, only my workout shows up in my exercise log. I did try restarting my phone and resynching - all the reset stuff, but it is still not there.
My fitbit app on my phone did recently update, however I am pretty sure I went for a walk after it updated.
Is there a way to retrieve this info?
Should I not use pause?

Best Answer
0 Votes

2.55 does not solve the issue.

Additionally, I experienced what could be a new bug:Screenshot_20170811-080447.png

This could just be a once-off. I'll try again later.

Best Answer

I've tested 2.55 two more times - once with pausing and resuming and once with pausing only to immediately press finish. As before, the former results in the data being lost while the latter retains it. In both cases, though, the post-completion screen showed a blank map page (as above) - it's only when I go back to view the log later that the map appears. This seems to be a regression - can anyone else confirm that it happens to them? Also, the only tabs that appear in the post-completion screen are 'Map' (blank), 'Impact' (appears to be accurate) and 'Recent' (has a loading spinner that never goes away).

Best Answer

It happened to me too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still happening to me as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is obviously a problem on Fitbit's side. Let's stop asking what phone it isn't working on... at least for this one.

iPhone 6s... same problems. Hmmm. 

Best Answer

Same here. Last 2 days it has vern

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last 2 days after the update I lose my maps.. have to login manually. What is going on now. The dog and I did 3.1 today and no map. Very frustrating to say the least

Best Answer

Any update on this?  I ran my first half marathon today and saw the map of my run, my splits, etc. but it didn't save!  None of my runs have saved since July 6th.  BUT, it recording my walk last Saturday with no trouble. I don't understand the issue.

Best Answer