Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876
Hey guys.... We're on a mission tomorrow.... Pause or not to Pause, that is the question !

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer

I've just done a test - one walk without pausing, one with a pause. The first one recorded fine, the second one? That disappeared! I think we might be on to something here!

Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer
So if you need to stop (Pause) do a Finish.
Then start afresh to do the next segment of your run/walk.
Record segments.
This might work.... Anyone in the US to test this?
To late to test here in the UK.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, yesterday I posted the solution but they have deleted it.

The only thing you have to do is to look in Google for "fitbit apk"… and look for the version from the 7th of march. I have tested a d it works. I would put the link, but i suppose they would remove the message again.

For android users, The version of the app is 2.44… just go to apkmirror.

I suppose you can get something like that for iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's very helpful. Thanks.
I'll look.
But avoiding Pause may turn out to be tolerable until it's fixed properly.. if indeed using Pause is proved to be the trigger for maps not saving?

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

So, problem not fixed. Customer service linked me to a thread that hasn't been posted in since June of last year to "check for updates on their progress" LOL. Noticed today that all the maps that don't sync don't have a pace.Capture+_2017-03-20-12-48-24.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LesWilliams79Thanks for confirming that.. I haven't been using MobileRun, but the Connected GPS.  I realize now this topic is about MobileRun (Exercise and Track) via the Phone and not the Fitbit.. In my case it's the Blaze.

I lost my MobileRun yesterday and today. I took a screen shot to compare.

This time I ran both concurrently and no issues.. It was only a short test around our local sports oval...  Again no pace on MobileRun and I will have to workout how you Finish without pausing as others are suggesting

Now I'm totally confused and back to the drawing board...... Both maps are there now as I type this !!!!! .. One with 371 steps and the other with 571 steps.. And when I check that area in the barchart log, works out at 466 steps..  Like an average....

Mobile and Blaze 30mar17.jpgBoth 2.jpgboth.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an email from support team (as below), looks like its all my problem and  not theirs!! Do fitbit have a complaints procedure where you can escalate your problem?? "Keep in mind there are other apps..." I didn't pay £150 for a Fitbit to then have to use other apps!!!!

Hi Hayley,

Thanks for the update.

As previously mentioned, it's possible for the features to work with devices that are not listed on our supported devices list. But as there are more app updates released, the existing features can be updated and they may or may not work on the devices that were previously working fine with the app.

Keep in mind that there are other apps that will allow Fitbit trackers to be used in conjunction with their apps. They will use Fitbit tracker data to provide you with additional data to better assist you with reaching your fitness goals.

We apologize for the inconvenience this experience may have caused you. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Sincerely,

Karina W and the Fitbit Team

--
Best Answer
0 Votes
Get back to them. Give them the link to this conversation. Tell them you know it's their problem since 9th March app update

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm talking to them about it on twitter as well (where they've previously
repeatedly told me it was my phone!!)
--

Wilhelmina
Best Answer
I have been talking to @fitbitsupport for a week. They have acknowledged the problem in two replies, here is the latest reply sent to me on twitter couple of days ago.

"Our engineering team is doing their best to resolve the issue. We appreciate your patience while our team is working on a fix. For the meantime, you can manually log your run by following these steps: https://t.co/ekimax8NnK."

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
had this email too - but without the useful link. Thinking about my walks i'm pretty sure that the pause button has s lot to do with it too x
Best Answer

Not using the pause button (aside from finishing a MobileRun) seems to consistently allow for saving of the MobileRun here as well (US).  I've tried it several times, anytime I Paused, continued, then finish, the maps are gone, but if I walk, finish, start new, finish, all maps are saved.

I'm not sure if Fitbit is planning to make a fix at this point, but this is a good work around. 

Best Answer
Thanks US.
Hopefully UK will do some testing today too

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've just added this to my twitter @fitbitsupport messages.
"So it's an app/back office sync issue for sure. Community has tested in UK and US. If you use Pause during run/walk then no map saved. Don't use Pause and you're OK. Do you acknowledge this as a fair theory or have you stopped talking to your customer base?"

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've done the same, and they've come back with the standard 'we're aware
and working on it, make sure you have the latest app update'. I did comment
that the latest app update was the issue!!
--

Wilhelmina
Best Answer
Well done.
If I get a reply I'll post it on here.
They not crediting us with any intelligence and no respect for the fact that without us they are nothing.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just managed to save my first map this week.....by not pausing. Thank you fitbit community! This work around will suit be fine until the glitch is sorted x x x

Best Answer

Don't let them off the hook.... Keep pestering or we'll never get a fix...

Best Answer

Hi everyone

I started reading this thread as I am desperately searching for the answer too. I got to page 4 and tuned out until page 11. I don't use MobileRun (I don't know what that is) but I have been pausing my walks. 

So, am I recapping correctly by saying it is the latest Android update and the Pause button that causes the problem? And that I should stop pausing and pray for a resolution?

Should I email fitbit help people too?

Thank you everyone for finding a solution, even if it is temporary..

Best Answer
0 Votes