Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876
App update 10th March caused maps not to save when using GPS on phone app to track walk/run.
It's taken ages but the other night i suggested Pause during exercise might be causing failure.
So far folk have reported back that indeed Pause causes fail.
Not phone or tracker related.
but app and back office sync related.
Fitbit have said they know about issue but no time frame for fixing.
Many angry customers.
Get it logged on here and Twitter @fitbitsupport.

We need this fixing.
It has been suggested you can roll back app using apkmirror but I've not tried that.
Not using Pause is a potential short term workaround.
Put pressure on fitbit to do the right thing, hold their hands up and get this sorted.

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer

Tried not pausing and it seems to work. Caused me to have to split my walk into 3 parts but all three saved properly. So "pause" is the problem. Now of we can get one of the customer service reps or tech guys to actually look at this thread it might be something they can fix. Nice catch!

Best Answer
@fitbitsupport on Twitter. Log the issue.....:)

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

now I came to think about my three tests up front my house;  1 with BT off was saved fine,  2 with BT on was saved fine and 3 with my fitbit One left on the porch was saved fine but,  all three without using pause... 

Just now,  at 11pm here... I walked a bit in my (pretty big) back garden and didn't pause...  it was saved fine 

Screenshot_20170330-231400.png

so of course I did another round and paused it and indeed,  no map was saved this time... 

There's a 40km on my list coming Saturday and guess what,  I won't use pause on that trip...  😉

Best Answer
And what country are you?

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the Netherlands 

Best Answer
Netherlands, UK, US confirm Pause causes map not to save. It would be nice if fitbit acknowledged our efforts!

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

Hi,

I worked today and did 2 more tests as I have a job where I walk quite a bit in a huge store. 

No surprise,  that test without pause worked out fine as you can (or should) see on the image below. 

Twitter conversation 1Twitter conversation 1

Twitter conversation 1aTwitter conversation 1a

Twitter conversation 1bTwitter conversation 1b

The walk test today in our store without using pauseThe walk test today in our store without using pause

I also sent a twitter msg to which someone replied pretty fast,  I made 3 snapshots (1, 1a and 1b)  of that conversation  😉

Just keep our hopes up 

Best Answer
I can't see any images?

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh ok, maybe that's the error message about I got when I was adding the photos Smiley Frustrated

I still see them here, but I will try to copy the messages manually here:

(Me in Light Grey text, Answer in Darker grey text)

Hi, you probably also read the community comments where a lot of us users are discussing the no map saved issue... It appears we by now figured out it is an app problem when we use Pause, all works fine if we pass the Pause function. We need an update if the app to fix that please

Sorry to hear this. Which mobile phone are you currently using? Also, when the run finished, did the distance and map save correctly? Hear from you soon!

I use HTC M10 but if you read the community comments about it, it hasn't got to do with a phone but apparently the fitbit app. When I finish a walk in "track exercise" without using pause all works well but as soon as I use the pause option and resume until finishing, all data like the map and distance vanishes as if I didn't exercise at all. The actual steps are counted tho, but exercise doesn't

Thank you for sharing these details. This is a known issue and our site team is working to correct it. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal very soon.

We all hope so too and actually, I think it will be much appreciated if you also would come to the community and tell everyone there in the comments that it actually appears to be an app failure and not people's phones or devices

Rest assured that our engineers are already working for a fix regarding this. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great. Give it another try..... Thanks

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
I can see them fine - as long as I look at the forum, not just the email.
Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer

Now in another part of the forum (I think it was the Android part) I just noticed a message from someone telling that there is an update available since yesterday by the number 2.45

Anyone tested it already ?
Should I go take chances or use my current version app for my tomorrow 40km walk and test the latest update later ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. I can see now!
If they are prepared to talk to you and me and others directly on Twitter why won't they go proper public on forum?
If they do it's out there in the public domain.
They don't want to admit they got a problem in the public domain.
That's not very big of them is it?

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes
We're already on 2.45.
That came out after 9th march disaster.
They thought it might fix issues.
But it didn't

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

But ok, this date says March 20 ? (I was mistaken thinking I read 30)

update to 2.45 on March 20

But, 11.50 pm here now so heading to bed being fit enough for my walk tomorrow Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Capture+_2017-04-01-09-49-00.png

This is my latest response from tech support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, sorry.... Cannot see.
Please try again

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Weird, the picture is there for me. I don't know what I could do differently to make it visible to you.

I said: Look at that thread. We have figured out that the issue is with the pause feature on the mobile app for android. If you pause the walk/run then you lose all the gps data at the end, if you don't pause it works fine. It's an issue that started with the update to 2.45 on March 9th. Maybe actually look at the thread about the issue I and many others are having and respond to everyone. Let people know you recognize that the specific issue exists and that you're working on a way to remedy the situation. You know, customer service type stuff.

Fitbit support said: Thanks for the report! We've already informed our team about this and is now working to correct it. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have things back to normal very soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ha!
At least you got a reply...
As I've said before i guess they not man enough to admit to major failure (since 9th march) in public domain of forum where anyone can see it/find it.
Only prepared to man up in direct messages.
Shame. They'd be bigger for it.
Doesn't matter how much we press we don't get estimated fix date.
I'll ask again on support.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes