Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

The "unusually long Sync period." was probably due to the tracker and the app not connecting  properly at the onset.    now you mention it i think i noticed the same thing..

Granny01 wrote:

I did a 3 mile walk today and SUCCESS!! I used the Connected GPS on my Charge 2, made sure all was connected and locked in...then simply hit the Start button. All the data AND the map route was still visible after the sync...tho I have noticed that, when maps come up missing, after being clearly visible, they disappear following an unusually long sync period....But for today...I'm a Happy Camper!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to do this today too. On Friday the map stayed, but this afternoon it disappeared as soon as I navigated away from the page it was on : (

Fitbit support have suggested that I do a factory reset on my fitbit but honestly I don't think it will help at all. The fitbit is working - just seems to be the app having issues : (

Such a shame x

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's the app.
Or at least the sync.
And it's sporadic.
Take phone out but leave tracker at home.
All is good until you return home and sync.
Tracker seems to overwrite app.
In this case the excercise disappears altogether because tracker left at home.
If you take tracker with you sync overwrites app with basic non GPS data and thus no map.
Don't be sidetracked by tracker resets.
It's something to do with the sync after the excercise. Tracker overwrites GPS data tracked by your phone.
Give it a go.
Leave your tracker at home.

Sent by LeSLeY
UK. User since Feb 2015. Retired charge HR. Current charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm disgusted. Walked 2.5 miles. On Finish the app crashed. Now i have nothing. No map AND no basic tracker data. Pi**ed off with this. Where are you Fitbit?

Roll the app and your back office syncing back to 9th March

Best Answer
0 Votes

4.11 miles, using Connected GPS....all data and maps present and accounted for!! This is 2 days in a row...I"m still hesitant to be hopeful...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well mine is failing, so don't get your hopes up!

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

My run failed today too, thought it was too good to be true! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's because it isn't true....
I hope i get a refund.
I've asked for one.
I'm sick of this

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

This has started happening to me as well. Track my walk using the app (ie, not connected to a fitbit tracker), click 'finish' at the end, and I can see all of the details, but then all the details disappear when I come out of it - just nothing at all. I asked on twitter (fitbit support), but was just told my phone was supported - I've been using this feature for over two years, and have never had this problem before! I've only had it happen since the last update to the android app, so I think it's something to do with that. Really frustrating!

Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer
Yep. I've been using it for over two years.
Update circa 9th March has done for us all.... Where are Fitbit?
All gone quiet.
I've asked @fitbitsupport for a refund as i bought new charge 2 in February. £130.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer

We're all about pretty sure that it hasn't got to do anything with our devices (as we all use different ones) but that the app causes the problems, so a refund for a device is no option I guess

Best Answer
0 Votes
But the app makes the device useless.
It's a package.
Device no use without app.
Can't GPS track without app.
I'll go buy a different brand.

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting...  I posted here mid day today UK time,offering "my" solution to the route tracking issue.     in my post i criticized admin / moderators lack of response is this why my post has been taken down ?

Best Answer

I will try to summarize my missing post, leaving out any criticism .

start your walk..   press button (Charge2) twice do NOT start your walk track yet, (hold the button)

Log out of the app on your phone.

Look at your tracker should be an icon top right depicting a phone with a slash / through. (no connection available)  

Go back to phone. and restart the app.

Go back to tracker,  phone icon now shows rows of dots ........ until connection made then a clear mobile phone icon . 

You are now connected.

Hold the button briefly to start your walk tracking.   (you can pause recording with a single press and restart with a single press.  press and hold the button to finish recording)

This has worked for me every time last 3 walks..   full mapping and stats on completion and data stored / saved. several days later.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, I'll certainly try tomorrow.
But, if a refund heads my way... I'm off.....

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

2 mile walk this evening...Dare I have hope??? All map information and other data are still visible. THREE IN A ROW!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I should have known it was too good to be true...4 mile map missing..the stats are there, but they have come up short...screen grab of the map shows just over 4 miles...stats say 3.86...which corresponds to the area where I hit the pause button on my phone to chat with a neighbor for a couple of minutes...Hopes dashed...frustration eminent...pizza for lunch...LOL...

Best Answer
0 Votes
So is there a conclusion here?
It works ok so long as you don't pause?
Is that a theory?
Past few walks I've paused for a coffee. No map.
Today: no pause....yes map.. hooray 🙂
Does pause cause the trouble?

Sent by LeSLeY
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can only say that with my three previous successful maps and stats, I had no pause...You can bet it's a theory I'll check out...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I think about it, I did pause on my last run to stop and re-tie my shoe laces...that's the only time it's crashed so far?!

Best Answer
0 Votes