Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileRun missing data after pausing - Android 2.43+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/26/17

Hello, everyone! I wanted to make it known that I haven't forgotten about this issue with MobileRun. Our team is aware of this ongoing problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when there will be a fix available. I understand many of you are frustrated with this feature, and I hope to give you all more information soon. Thanks for your continued patience! 

Just to be clear, this thread is for the MobileRun issue for when you initiate a Run/Walk, if you 'Pause' your activity and then 'Resume' after you finish, you will not see your map or some of your exercise data. Alternatively, this does not happen if you 'Pause' and 'Finish' your Run/Walk right away. 

Fitbit Update: 7/20/17

Thanks everyone for providing the information requested about this MobileRun issue. It appears since the Android app version 2.43, users who initiate a MobileRun on their devices and later pause it at some point will not have all the data saved when syncing afterward. This data can include the map and distance data. 

I really appreciate your cooperation and patience while our team works towards a resolution. I know many of you have been active on this thread and I want to make sure you know all your input has been very helpful in determining the factors. I will continue to update this thread when there is more information available. Thanks again for your help! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
876 REPLIES 876

Hi there everyone, I know you got all the right to be frustrated regarding this issue. Just keep in mind to keep your comments productive and on topic, I would like to keep this discussion open to find and offer a solution as our teams continue investigating this glitch.

@phatbitzr thanks for bring this behavior to my attention, Certainly this is a new development. However I would not like to recommend to use Airplane mode. This option will cut all communication with your phone and might play a negative role in your MobileRun exercise. Not entirely sure if this is the reason your session was lost though.

This week we started to rolled out a new version of the Fitbit app. Today I can confirm it has been released to all our users and should be ready to install. If you don't have automatic updates in your phone. There is not an specific fix yet, but tis version contains stability improvements that might improve the functionality of the app. For more details please refer to this post: Android app version 2.73 is now available - 6/11.

I'm still giving follow up to the main issue and I will let you know more news as soon I received them.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

It is mid 2018 and this problem continues. Why is there no fix or answer?

Best Answer

I tested 2.73 today - the bug is still present.

Incidentally, Connected GPS hasn't been working for the last couple of days, though I haven't tried restarting the device yet (I did restart my phone).

Best Answer

I'm still having this problem.... Seems like it's almost time to jump ship. 

Best Answer

Hi @LizzardLaw@Quppa and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community.

@Quppa thank you for reporting the issue still continue with the new version. I'll make sure to report this to our teams.

Thank you for your feedback and rest assured we continue to work on this to find a solution. Until more progress is reported I will share this new information. In the meantime I suggest no to pause the exercise or if you tracker / watch support other GPS options, please use them as an alternative.

See you all later, once I got more details.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Embarrassing.

Best Answer

Hi

I thought I was only one having this issue at first. I have fitbit flex2.When I track my run with gps I get the same problem, on the app I hit pause and then finish to review a summary of my run only for it to just disappear completely, map as well vanishes. Sometimes I get the auto run replacing the tracked run instead but only gives a breakdown of calories , steps etc. Frustrating!

Disappointing that this hasn't been resolved in 2.73 as it means a key function of fitbit app can't really be used or relied upon to track exercise.

I would say 6 or 7 times out of 10 my tracked run is not shown. 

When is the eta for the next app update? Will this hopefully include a fix for this issue?

Hoping for a resolution soon

Best Answer

Hi there @Tomcat1987, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community, I appreciate your feedback and we'll continue to be on the look out for any updates on the situation. As soon as we have any announcements we'll be sure to let everyone know about it.

There is no estimated timeframe and the only recommendation so far is to not pause the exercise, as this will trigger the issue.

A new version of the Fitbit app has started to rolling out, which contain stability improvements, security patches and bug fixes that might provide some help to improve the functionality of the app. This version is being gradually released, scheduled to be available for all our Android users. If you are not able to see this update now, try to review your Google Play store at a later time. For more details you can review this post.

See you soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has never worked right while tracking a run. I should be able to start my run from my wrist and as long as my phone is synced it should give me my map, miles, and split times. It never does. I just get my average pace and distance, which is always  a few tenths of a mile off. I would never recommend this product to anyone. I bought this at Walmart, which only has a thirty day return policy. Only use it now because at least it gets me in the ballpark with the distance I run. Very disappointed.

Best Answer

Hello, it's now a year since you started to work towards a solution for this rather crucial shortcoming affecting thousands of Android users for Mobile Run. As this feature works on Windows and iPhone, I have difficulties in understanding what takes so much time!?

Best Answer

I bought my Fitbit Charge 2 on Saturday, I loved it so far and all is good as long as I track exercise from the device. But I went for a longer walk today and wanted to track it with GPS from my mobile. Well, the same thing happened as others describe - at first the map disappeared, then all the exercise was lost. After syncing a couple of times the walk appeared again but clearly only with the device data, as automatically recognized exercise.

I can't believe this thread is already year old and this hasn't been solved yet. And what's more, the solution we get is not to pause the exercise? then perhaps the pause option shouldn't be there to prevent loss of the workouts?

I feel really disappointed, it's too expensive to have to deal with such major bugs when my reason to buy it is to log and monitor my hikes.

Best Answer

Fully agree. At the same note, when - if ever - this pausing bug is fixed, I have a wish to the Fitbit developers which could be taken care of at the same time (related to the bug). Automatic pausing is standard in most fitness apps. Please add it also to Mobile Run!

Best Answer

How about releasing a fix for this in time for the Charge 3 shipping date?

Best Answer

For once I have good news about this pause/resume-bug, which still remains unfixed by Fitbit. I recently found out how to go around - at least partially - this shortcoming. Do like this when wanting to track exercises with "pauses/resumes" and gps. In your mobile phone: have gps and bluetooth enabled and open your Fitbit app (just open it and nothing else). In your Charge 2: have the exercise in question connected to gps in the exercise settings. Start normally the exercise in your tracker, pause and resume the exercise if needed, finish the exercise normally. When the tracker next time syncs, also the gps data will be synced in the same way as MobileRun should do.

Maybe this was nothing new, but I would have appreciated if the Fitbit people would have hinted this as a "solution" long time ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Connected GPS is great - when it works. I need to restart my phone frequently otherwise I end up with partial/incomplete maps. At least with MobileRun one can see the map data in real-time.

Best Answer

Great news! The bug has been fixed as of version 2.89 (probably earlier - I haven't been checking with each release recently).

The post-tracking 'Map' and 'Recent' tabs are still blank, but that's another (much smaller) issue.

It would be great to see a post-mortem on how this showstopping bug could remain in the product for 2 years, but I'm very happy to see it fixed.

Best Answer

No, the bug still exists. 12km walk today with pauses, no map. 

An unpaused walk or run gets a map. 

Best Answer
0 Votes