Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Reminders Flex 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I tried setting up move reminders on my android for my Flex 2, but when I enter the hours (12 hours) the confirm button stays greyed out. (Samsung Galaxy s7 stock/non-rooted)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok. Wow. I was complaining about my problem to a friend of mine, and she took a look at the thread here. She's never even used a fitbit in her life and she immediately realized the problem. Your system is dumb. Basically it can't deal with a time range that overlaps midnight. Why? Lazy. Programming. The fact that the problem is your badly coded system is mind blowingly garbage, I can't even process this. What good is this product if I can't even use it during the hours I am awake and need to be moving around? And why, after all the years that fitbit has existed, has this not already been addressed? Fitbit started in 2007. Ten. Years. What kind of lazy crap is this? Plenty of people are night workers and day sleepers, and we need to exercise and be healthy, too. This kind of laziness is inexcusable. Where the hell can I escalate this to? I either want a refund or a fix. I didn't realize I was paying for a product that excluded an entire group of people.

Moderator edit: format

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@LadyBriar To start off with, I would make sure you have the latest Fitbit app for Android (version 2.49) downloaded on your device. As a quick workaround, you can log into your account on Fitbit.com to enable Reminders to Move on there. If you'd like, please send a screenshot here if the problem continues. Let me know if you have questions! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Doesn't work on the website, either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LadyBriar Thanks for posting the screenshot, however it's not visible for me for some reason:

bad screenshot.png

If possible please post the screenshot again.

It definitely sounds very weird that you're not able to set up reminders to move. Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache and then trying again using your computer? I suggest using a different browser as well. 

Hope this helps. Looking forward to your new comments! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Considering I can neither do this via the app on my phone OR the browser on either my laptop OR my computer (which are both running different operating systems) I can pretty much promise you the problem is not my cookies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LadyBriar it's nice to hear back from you. Thanks for trying different browsers as well. In this case, I recommend making sure that you're using the correct time format. Also, make sure you are toggling "On" the reminders to move option. Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

As you can clearly see in the above screenshot, I chose a 10 hour range, and it accepts 5-12 hour ranges. But, no matter what I do, the accept or ok button or whatever stays unavailable to click.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LadyBriar again, the screenshot seems to be broken. Smiley Sad It does sound pretty weird that the button is grayed out. Please note that you can change the hours and days you receive a reminder, which are the same hours and days your dashboard tracks your 250-step hourly activity goal—a minimum of 5 hours and a maximum of 14 hours in a day. If you don't want to receive reminders at least one day per week, turn off reminders to move. 

To adjust the hours or days you receive a reminder and track hourly activity goals, choose a section below:

- Using the Fitbit App

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Hourly Activity tile. This is the tile that shows the number of hours you completed 250 steps.
2. Tap the gear icon and adjust your Reminders to Move start and end times or the days you want to receive reminders.

- Using the Fitbit.com Dashboard

1. On your fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon in the top right corner.
2. Click your tracker.
3. Under Reminders to Move, adjust the start and end times or the days you want to receive reminders.

I really hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok well I have no idea why you can't see it, but it's completely visible so something is up with your browser or browser settings, either way, there's a clickable link in that post you could use as well, to take you to the imgur site the image is hosted on.

I can't turn off reminders to move if I can't turn it ON in the first place. I'm trying to turn it ON, not off. I also know how to set it up, it's very simple, it simply does. not. work. It will not enable, it will not accept my settings, and will not function.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MariamV Thanks for your help and suggestions on this! Smiley Happy

@LadyBriar Thanks for sending us your screenshots! I can tell that you're attempting to turn on Reminders to Move through the tile available on the main dashboard.

Instead, try this route:

• Go to the grey gear icon located on the upper-right hand side.
  • Click on 'Flex 2' and you will be taken to another page that has your device settings.
  • When you click on "Reminders to Move" you will see a toggle button with the words "OFF" next to it.
  • Switch this to "ON" and you will be able to set and save your Reminders to Move.

In addition, Reminders to Move cannot be used during overnight hours. If you would like to see this implemented in the future, please vote for this idea in our Feature Suggestions board here

Please let me know if this does the trick! 

Capture.PNG

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So, now we've confirmed this doesn't work in FOUR different places.

Cool.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, excuse me, but why the hell is someone editing ALL of my posts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. Wow. I was complaining about my problem to a friend of mine, and she took a look at the thread here. She's never even used a fitbit in her life and she immediately realized the problem. Your system is dumb. Basically it can't deal with a time range that overlaps midnight. Why? Lazy. Programming. The fact that the problem is your badly coded system is mind blowingly garbage, I can't even process this. What good is this product if I can't even use it during the hours I am awake and need to be moving around? And why, after all the years that fitbit has existed, has this not already been addressed? Fitbit started in 2007. Ten. Years. What kind of lazy crap is this? Plenty of people are night workers and day sleepers, and we need to exercise and be healthy, too. This kind of laziness is inexcusable. Where the hell can I escalate this to? I either want a refund or a fix. I didn't realize I was paying for a product that excluded an entire group of people.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I have just checked this on the iOS app. It is the same. But the UI there keeps flipping the hours around to match the expected settings. That would have made things more clear than just having a greyed out button.

That said, it doesn't excuse the fact that this is a huge flaw in the software that greatly impacts the usefulness for a large group of people. This should be fixed.

Sidenote: editing every post and reply is a confusing course of action, this way we do not know if the message has information edited out. Kindly refrain from that.

Best Answer