Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Add An Image To Your Post

Inserting images is an excellent way to embellish your posts, and add clarifying points of interest within the text. Adding an image to your post is an easy process, as long as you have a file ready to go. If you don't have an image at the ready, you can take a screenshot. After you have a file or picture in mind, follow these steps to add it to your post.

1. Select the Photos icon (camera icon) located towards the middle of the text editor toolbar. 

photosscreenshot1.jpeg

2. If you select "Choose Files," this will prompt you to search the files on your computer for the image you're looking to upload. You can also drag your files into the gray shaded area and they will begin to upload automatically. Tip: Name the file you're uploading ahead of time so that it's easy to find. 

photosscreenshot2.jpeg 

3. When the file has been selected, you'll be able to preview the image to be certain it's the right one you selected. You can then add a caption, change the format, size, and position. 

photosscreenshot3.jpeg

photosscreenshot4.jpeg

5. Choose whether your image will be hidden. Selecting hidden means the image is only visible to you in your photo album. Most users wouldn't use this option because images are better shared with the public! 

photosscreenshot6.jpeg

6. When you're done making your selections, click Done to add the image to your post. 

photosscreenshot5.jpeg 

Your image will now be inserted into the body of your post. Be sure to use relevant images to increase the readability of your post, as well as make the post itself more visually appealing.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Can this also be done while on a mobile browser?

YES!! I posted this from my phone.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and request "Full"

This will bring up a page that looks like the one displayed on a computer. Then follow the instructions above.

2015-10-30_15.12.02.jpg

Best Answer

I set up a "test" community to experiment with this option. I love all the options offered here.(see highlighted area below) but these don't show up when I'm in my community posting a topic. Is there a way to add these so I can make my posts include color, pictures, hyperlinks? Thanks!!

I want these OPTIONS! :)

Best Answer

@cmarney of you are referring to the activity groups these are strictly text, with no way to add pictures or change color. 

This can be done in the community Help, and Discussion Sections

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FitbitCommunity wrote:

1. Select the picture icon (silhouette of mountains) towards the middle of the text editor tool bar

2. Select "Choose File." This will prompt you to search the files on your computer for the image you're looking to upload. Tip: Name the file you're uploading ahead of time so that it's easy to find. 

Screenshot 2014-09-24 16.17.11.png 

3. When the file has been selected, you'll be able to preview the image at the bottom left to be certain it's the right one. 

@FitbitCommunity, the icon with the silhouette of mountains is not showing up when I am trying to make a post. the only option I have is the little camera icon and when I click that is asks for the source (no buttons or options just a line to type in), image description, and dimensions. No where does it give me the option to choose a a file. I even uploaded the image to my google drive and tried entering that as the source but it didn't work. I know this should be easy but with the options I see its not working. Please help. thank you   

Best Answer

@AuntyMo, what type of device are you writing your post on?

The above is generic instructions,  different devices act a little different. 

For me on Android to the right of the camera i have Documents this is wyat i need to tap on. The camera is for when you want to take a picture and post it directly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue I am trying to post from my desktop though on my android phone I have the same options. I only have the option to insert an image from the camera icon. All the other icons that are displaying for me when I make a comment are the usual, Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike Through then I can enter a spoiler, insert code, insert emoticons Smiley Indifferent, insert a hyperlink and then the camera icon. After the camera icon its adding bullet points and changing fonts. I'm not sure why I the documents or the mountains aren't showing as options but they aren't.  

Best Answer

@AuntyMo, when you press the Camera icon what do you see? It should be this.Now press the square with the mountainNow press the square with the mountain

Now press document to add pictureNow press document to add picture

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Rich_Laue. My computer is finally giving me that option. It used to only give me a space to type a source and even then I couldn't get it to do anything.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it is working @AuntyMo

Best Answer

On a mac, so not seeing any of this...when I click on the "add image" button, a screen comes up with:

Source:

Image Description:

Dimension:

X: 

I fill them out each time and nothing happens but a single line added to the text box. There is not an option to drag and drop. suggestions?

Best Answer

It should not matter what device you are using, this is in a web browser.

A screen shot would be nice, maybe upload to a photo server with a link.

Best Answer

Choose your images and click on the submit Button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously!!! Really?

2017 adding a pic is not possible. Tried with Mac (Safari and Chrome). Not working.

Tried with Android (Chrome) not working.

**ahem**ty software. My opinion of Fitbit brand went down the drain..... 

Best Answer

Same problem for me -- I see the camera icon, but it's asking for a source (described earlier) -- no way to upload/select a file.  Tried a couple of browsers, forcing a refresh/reload of the page, etc., no change.

Best Answer

After taping the camera 

Tap: Tap thisTap this

Screenshot_20171202-202310.jpg

Choose the directoryChoose the directory

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of this works on Chrome browser running on MacOS or on Windows 10.  This is a total joke.  I note that others have the same experience and no one replies.

Best Answer

You're right. I'm using Chrome on W10. Nothing like as described in doco.

Best Answer

There is more of these goin back to June last yearThere is more of these goin back to June last year

Best Answer

@Ste33 which browser did you use to post your image. I find Chrome on Linux works nicely. Also have no problems posting from the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes