Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Add An Image To Your Post

Inserting images is an excellent way to embellish your posts, and add clarifying points of interest within the text. Adding an image to your post is an easy process, as long as you have a file ready to go. If you don't have an image at the ready, you can take a screenshot. After you have a file or picture in mind, follow these steps to add it to your post.

1. Select the Photos icon (camera icon) located towards the middle of the text editor toolbar. 

photosscreenshot1.jpeg

2. If you select "Choose Files," this will prompt you to search the files on your computer for the image you're looking to upload. You can also drag your files into the gray shaded area and they will begin to upload automatically. Tip: Name the file you're uploading ahead of time so that it's easy to find. 

photosscreenshot2.jpeg 

3. When the file has been selected, you'll be able to preview the image to be certain it's the right one you selected. You can then add a caption, change the format, size, and position. 

photosscreenshot3.jpeg

photosscreenshot4.jpeg

5. Choose whether your image will be hidden. Selecting hidden means the image is only visible to you in your photo album. Most users wouldn't use this option because images are better shared with the public! 

photosscreenshot6.jpeg

6. When you're done making your selections, click Done to add the image to your post. 

photosscreenshot5.jpeg 

Your image will now be inserted into the body of your post. Be sure to use relevant images to increase the readability of your post, as well as make the post itself more visually appealing.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

@SunsetRunner it might have been that the page did not completely load, this menu is one of the last objects that get loaded. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this interface recently change? All I am seeing is a series of textboxes like "source", "description", "dimensions"... Like it's only a way to link hosted images online, not uploading my own. It's the same for desktop and mobile. I came here for support, and this was the top thread!

Best Answer

Nothing has changed on the mobile for me, try refreashing the page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am extremely frustrated because I cannot get the insert image function to work. When I click on the camera icon I just get a screen asking me to type in the Source etc. I have tried both Chrome and Internet Explorer to no avail. I am using Widows so my question is for help, has anyone managed to get their Windows desktop pc work?

Best Answer
I experienced the same problems, quite a while ago. What I ended up doing
was taking a screen shot of the image I wanted to insert and then pasting
it into the text of the message, when I did this it ended up in the place
images should be and I could then edit it using the normal functions of the
Fitbit community site. NOt exactly a 'solution' but a reasonable
work-round. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. I tried your suggestion but this didn't work, however, immediately after trying I had another go at clicking on the camera icon and Eureka, it responded by asking me for the file name..... I can't explain it but it now works 😂🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just replying to you as you appear to be someone who can answer.

Below is a screen shot of what I see. The same on Mac or my iPhone XR - Safari in each case. The only way the screen shot appears below is that I pasted the URL directly from my web site. As I see there are more people than me with this issue. Hopefully this post helps troubleshoot and resolve it. Thanks for your help to the community.

iPhone XR 64GB iOs 12.2, latest FitBit App.

Best Answer

photocollage_2019518193352272.jpg

Best Answer

Hello Rich,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately this seems to be an iPhone issue (looks like you are on a Droid). However, as I have read, some iPhone users do not experience these problems. So if it is working for some people and not for me, I assume it (maybe?) has something to do with my IP or Geolocation. This is because I get the same window on my laptop as my phone when I am trying to upload an image. I'm posting some screen shots below, and will then switch to VPN and see if that clears up the issue. Perhaps there is some sort of filter or geofence on the FitBit web server?

Thanks for the reply with steps, but it doesn't work from Tbilisi, Georgia (Republic of).

Step One - Click Reply:

Step Two - Click the Camera Button:

Step Three - Enter Source:

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI it's the same problem when attempting to post from my VPN in the US. So presumably it's an iPhone and a Mac / Safari issue, and not IP dependent. Thanks for your efforts. Much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

uhmmm what is this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to add an image to a post.  I have a Fitbit Inspire.  I have tapped on the camera icon and it does not give me the option to access my gallery. When I click on the camera icon it sends me to Bitmoji!

How can I resolve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would clear the default open settings for Bitmoji. For additional help with the phone, we need to know what phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I do not have anything that says "choose file" it just has source, image description and dimension.   Not sure how to post photo.    Please assist if you can.   Thank you!

Best Answer

I also have the same issue.  no "browse" or "drag to drop image". just "source" only.  I tried it in Chrome and Microsoft Edge (desktop browsers). 

annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If on a phone 

Screenshot_20200712-031900_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200712-031931_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200712-032123_Files.jpg

Pick photo.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If on a conputer

Screenshot_20200712-032348_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200712-032515_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't even know how to make a post....Does anyone mind helping me figure that out? I have an Android. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LEC2019 wrote:

I don't even know how to make a post....Does anyone mind helping me figure that out? I have an Android. 

Hi @LEC2019 you just added a post that says you don't know how to add a post? 

Are you asking about adding a photo? 

If so what device are you on? 

Best Answer