Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Add An Image To Your Post

Inserting images is an excellent way to embellish your posts, and add clarifying points of interest within the text. Adding an image to your post is an easy process, as long as you have a file ready to go. If you don't have an image at the ready, you can take a screenshot. After you have a file or picture in mind, follow these steps to add it to your post.

1. Select the Photos icon (camera icon) located towards the middle of the text editor toolbar. 

photosscreenshot1.jpeg

2. If you select "Choose Files," this will prompt you to search the files on your computer for the image you're looking to upload. You can also drag your files into the gray shaded area and they will begin to upload automatically. Tip: Name the file you're uploading ahead of time so that it's easy to find. 

photosscreenshot2.jpeg 

3. When the file has been selected, you'll be able to preview the image to be certain it's the right one you selected. You can then add a caption, change the format, size, and position. 

photosscreenshot3.jpeg

photosscreenshot4.jpeg

5. Choose whether your image will be hidden. Selecting hidden means the image is only visible to you in your photo album. Most users wouldn't use this option because images are better shared with the public! 

photosscreenshot6.jpeg

6. When you're done making your selections, click Done to add the image to your post. 

photosscreenshot5.jpeg 

Your image will now be inserted into the body of your post. Be sure to use relevant images to increase the readability of your post, as well as make the post itself more visually appealing.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

I meant on the App in your feed, where your friends can see it....but I played with it enough and figured it out. 

Thanks so so much for the help though. 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, everything works as expected up until the post with the image is "posted". No errors except the mage doesn't show up in the post. If I go back to edit my post I see it, click POST, no errors, and then... no image. Now this anomaly only occurs if I am logged into the forum. If I log off then I can see my post with an image just fine. If I log back in - can't. I truly think something is wrong with the board software but that's just me. Here's the latest example:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Other-Charge-Trackers/Only-one-section-of-Charge-3-display-is-dim/m-...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see the photo with no problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work for me. The only button I see is a "Insert/Edit image" button that when clicked brings a dialog with "Source", "Description" and other fields, no easy way to upload pictures etc.

Best Answer

Screenshot_20210111-034139_Chrome.jpg

Then choose camera of file. Navagate to the file. 

On the computer, tap the same icon then 

Screenshot_20210111-034524_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get this to work either.  Like others, I only see a 'Camera' option - when I press on it, all I get is a dialogue box asking for 'Source', Image Description and dimensions.  Clicking in these boxes only allows text to be pasted or types - no pasting of pictures.  I've tried pasting in a link to my image stored on Google drive, but it doesn't work.  To be clear, clicking on the camera icon does not bring up a box where you can select a picture (as shown by @Rich_Laue ,

Best Answer

I alos can't get this to work either.

When I drag & drop an image file into the reply text box, an error messagge "You do not have permission to upload images." is displayed with red box.

If everything works fine for @Rich_Laue , I suppoes there is some kind of problem related to permissions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kz3, I found that this suddenly started working for me after the last app update.  I can now click on the picture icon and it will let me paste a picture as previously described by @Rich_Laue.

If you haven't tried already, please try and update your App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't work for me on either chrome or safari, mac or iPhone. There is no way to add a picture. It is asking for source, dimensions and etc. Pretty much like for most people here. No idea how to insert an image

Best Answer

Screenshot_20210315-002221_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-002259_Files.jpg

Screenshot_20210315-002330_Files.jpg

Then choose photos. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently having the exact problem as I try to post a photo from my computer.  I can do it on my phone but only to groups or specific friends.  I can't seem to get the regular community on my app and I can't get groups on my computer.  Seems a bit odd to me.

Best Answer

After a few more posts I was finally to add some photos to my Gallery.  From there, I could post the photo to a specific post when answering a person.

Best Answer

The instructions above for adding photos are for this community, and not the community on the fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue Thank you, I am slowly learning all these things.  I see that the app is only specific groups and your friends and here there is so many other topics and specifics.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I simply add photos from my phones gallery, or straight from the camera. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, I finally be able to post a picture.

After posting several messeges to community boards, I have earned a new rank 'Recovery Runner' and then the camera icon appears!

I suppose it's an anti-spam measure, but it's a troublesome behavior.

Best Answer

Whoa... it's messed up that one has to earn some status to be able to add pics. I guess you have to have multiple issues before you can say you're worthy of adding a pic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Admin - so why is that some users see a window asking for source and are not able to post pics with their posts? I'm having the same issue. Wish I could send you a pic of the problem, but alas, if I could I wouldn't be writing this 😄

Best Answer

Hi @CareFeedback. admins normally may not be monitoring the community and without proper tagging may not be alerted. 

Are you using a phone or a computer? 

My tought is that their may be a required number of posts needed first. However it sounds like you are able to start the process and rules this thought out. 

Screenshot_20210625-185621_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210625-185643_Android System.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anyone know how many posts are needed to be posted to get that rank permitting the adding images to forums?

Best Answer
0 Votes