Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To: Add An Image To Your Post

Inserting images is an excellent way to embellish your posts, and add clarifying points of interest within the text. Adding an image to your post is an easy process, as long as you have a file ready to go. If you don't have an image at the ready, you can take a screenshot. After you have a file or picture in mind, follow these steps to add it to your post.

1. Select the Photos icon (camera icon) located towards the middle of the text editor toolbar. 

photosscreenshot1.jpeg

2. If you select "Choose Files," this will prompt you to search the files on your computer for the image you're looking to upload. You can also drag your files into the gray shaded area and they will begin to upload automatically. Tip: Name the file you're uploading ahead of time so that it's easy to find. 

photosscreenshot2.jpeg 

3. When the file has been selected, you'll be able to preview the image to be certain it's the right one you selected. You can then add a caption, change the format, size, and position. 

photosscreenshot3.jpeg

photosscreenshot4.jpeg

5. Choose whether your image will be hidden. Selecting hidden means the image is only visible to you in your photo album. Most users wouldn't use this option because images are better shared with the public! 

photosscreenshot6.jpeg

6. When you're done making your selections, click Done to add the image to your post. 

photosscreenshot5.jpeg 

Your image will now be inserted into the body of your post. Be sure to use relevant images to increase the readability of your post, as well as make the post itself more visually appealing.

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

I have already posted the screenshot this afternoon roughly about 2.30pm . I use safari browser and generally have no problems with this .have you not received my screenshot I sent you ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi u ave not heard back from you since I sent a reply 2 days ago on the 5 th can you keep me updated what is happening to solve my problem please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ste33 if your addressing a particular user you may want to read up on how to do this

I'm not sure who you sent a private message to but here are instructions

Now since your post above has an image included, I'm not sure what the issue is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m getting messed about my 1st person I contacted was g.morrell  who has replied a couple of times but after that you have replied to my posts a couple of times . I don’t feel I’m getting any further forward with Fitbit community I wish I never raised the question now just pushed from pillar to post 😩👎

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I'm still confused. Your asking about how to post a screen shot, in the screenshot information thread, while posting a screen shot. 

If your question is not about screen shots, let's take it to the appropriate board. Then flag me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve already put the screenshot on a few days ago it’s to do with Fitbit notifications that I sent a screenshot of . I can’t see the flag symbol to flag u 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted a link to the instructions in my last post, simply place an "@" followed by the spelling of the users name. 

I still don't understand why you need help with screenshot posting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@g.morrell

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to add a photo, but I don't see any of these options, I see a field called 'source' and 'image description' and 'dimensions' am I supposed to type the file's location manually? I tried to copy paste and drag and drop but I got nothing.

Best Answer

There should be a camera  symbol above the box that u type ur message in tap that and it gives u options to open and that should work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoshP38 it varies a little depending on what device your on. The above is for computers  

If your on a phone as @Ste33 suggests tap the camera icon.

Now tap the box with the mountain.

Choose file and browse to the picture on the phone that you want to post.

You may also choose camera and take a photo to upload.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Neither of those options shows up for me either on my phone or on my computer in either of the browsers I tried. When I press the camera icon I get three fields, as I described them one, for "source" I manually typed the location of my photo here and nothing happened, another for "image description" and one for "dimensions"

Best Answer

https://imgur.com/Y6jV55d

This is what I get when I press on the camera icon. That's it.

Best Answer

@JoshP38 @M1keG I had that same problem!  I tried it on Chrome, internet explorer, and my iPhone and all it showed was the "Source" thing. 
What I did was a made a post and posted it, then I went right back in to "edit" it and then it worked for me.  Give it a try, hope it works for you!

Best Answer
Its ok now thanks 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I click on the photo icon it asks me for the source of the image and is not letting me upload. I am using windows 10 and google chrome. The issue I am seeing is that when I hover over the camera icon the words "Insert/edit image" show up. Next it asks me for the source of the image and its dimensions. Is there a reason for this?

It also occurs on my Android phone using google chrome. I have been asked to upload a screenshot to one of my posts. but I cannot get this to work.

Any help is very much appreciated! 

Edit:

The issue has gone away on my computer after the issue was moved to a different section of the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For step by step instructions from the computer, see the first post in this thread.

From the phone Tap cameraTap camera

Tap the hillTap the hill

Tap the photoTap the photo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to try it that way, but unfortunately I am not able to edit my own posts right now. Unbelievable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner do you see the three dots to the right of your post? Tap them, then tap edit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue:

Thx for your feedback. I am able to edit my posts now and to add images to the post. The initial behaviour was different: Under the three dots there was no option for editing and when I tried to add an image via the Camera symbol I was offered to enter plain text for source, description and diameter. All what you have described in this thread was not possible. It was like some part of the website knew my account and that I was logged in while other parts did not recognize and therefore did not offer those features. I personally think these features were available after I got the message that I have become a ‚Jogger‘ which was after submitting my first post. So maybe these functions are coupled minimum to the status ‚Jogger‘?!

Best Answer