Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reply so the user name shows in the post

ANSWERED

I have noticed that when people reply to me, in their post I will see @Lizziepooh but when I reply, it is to @A moment ago and not the user name.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

It should work, but sometimes we seem to type faster and it seems to skip. Try doing a reply to me and see if it works for you @LizziePooh

With a change in the way the forum works, when you first type the @ it gives you a list of people who replied in the thread, You can pick the one you want when replying.

Give it a shot, I'll be checking for it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

Typing the '@' symbol should pop up a menu with names of people posted above, click on the name and continue typing.

If the box doesn't pop up then type the persons name exactly as it is spelled below their picture. I usually do it this way on the phone.

This user will then receive an email stating that you mentioned them, with a summary of your post.

@LizziePooh it looks like you have a handle on this.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

It should work, but sometimes we seem to type faster and it seems to skip. Try doing a reply to me and see if it works for you @LizziePooh

With a change in the way the forum works, when you first type the @ it gives you a list of people who replied in the thread, You can pick the one you want when replying.

Give it a shot, I'll be checking for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Test message to check the @Odyssey13 reply.

I hit the reply in the lower right corner and I never see the @ until after I hit send. I don't get a dropdown until I physically type @ and then I can mention someone like I did above for @Odyssey13

Is that what I am supposed to do?

Best Answer

@Odyssey13

Nope. I must be doing something wrong. Smiley Happy

I let the compose post window stay open a little bit before I hit post so I can see if there is any difference.

Moderator Edit: format

Best Answer

Your @Odyssey13 tagging is displayed correctly here. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner

Hi Stefan, so is there a way to remove the @ time that it also displays. Or do you not see it?

Thanks, Stefan.

Best Answer

Looks like whatever you did is working @LizziePooh

Hi @SunsetRunner !

@LizziePooh  you doing this on a computer or a mobile device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13

It is a computer, Macbook Pro. I don't have a smart phone or andrioid so I have to use my computer.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. 🙂

Best Answer

See the @ with name afterwards. Not sure what you mean with the time?

@LizziePooh @Odyssey13 🙌

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner and @Odyssey13

I am an idiot. I saw the little clock icon at the top of each post and thought it was the @ symbol. I am not use to needing to add the usernames manully when replying to posts so I confused myself.

Thanks for your help (and patience), both of you. I now know what to do. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizziePooh

You are wonderful, unique. Every day we can learn something new even though knowing a lot already, it's not possible to know everything.

It's not really required to reply with the @ however when mentioning someone s (h)e receives a email with the link to the post where being @ tagged to know there is a reply to her/his post.

Kittens

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizziePooh this is why the forums are here. @SunsetRunner and I like helping people so they enjoy the great experience with Fitbit as we do.

Have to admit, this is a fantastic group of people!

Best Answer

Looks like you got it @LizziePooh

\Welcome to the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks Wendy. 🙂

Best Answer

Typing the '@' symbol should pop up a menu with names of people posted above, click on the name and continue typing.

If the box doesn't pop up then type the persons name exactly as it is spelled below their picture. I usually do it this way on the phone.

This user will then receive an email stating that you mentioned them, with a summary of your post.

@LizziePooh it looks like you have a handle on this.

Best Answer

Thanks @Odyssey13 @WendyB @Rich_Laue for helping out dear @LizziePooh

Out of courtesy, have marked @Odyssey13 & @Rich_Laue 's post as solution with a little bonus.

Wishing a comfy night & a awesome weekend Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner What significance is being marked as a solution?  Or a bonus?  Actually, what significance is getting votes?   Thanks

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bobbinyc by putting the @ symbol before the name, this person will get a notifacation that they were mentioned in a post

Best Answer

@Bobbinyc

Other users with the same question can find the solution faster when posts are accepted as solution. 

Out of courtesy when a post has been helpful, a vote can be given to show gratitude to the user for helping out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok, thanks.

I actually prefer saying "thanks".

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer