Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security: account compromise, hacks or account takeovers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
If you think your account has been taken over, accessed, hacked or compromised by someone else and you still have access to it, change your password to a new, unique password that you never used before.

If you can't access your account, please contact Fitbit Customer Support and tell us you suspect an account takeover. We'll route the case to our security team as soon as possible. 

Please note, if you already have a case with Customer Support but need immediate assistance, you can reply to the last email you received from our Security or Customer Support team. In the meantime, you can find out more about securing your Fitbit account in this help article.
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I've had a versa 4 since July, in November it stopped showing notifications properly. I waited way too long to finally try and fix it and when I did I followed the online steps to "fix notifications". Did everything I was supposed to do and nothing worked so I tried the next step, un-pair and re-pair to phone. When I did I got an error saying my device was locked and could not be paired and to contact customer service. 

I contacted customer service 9 DAYS AGO and was told that they couldn't fix the issue and that I would hear from the escalation team "shortly"... it's been 9 DAYS, I've called 5 times and have been told the same thing each time; wait until we contact you. I finally did a deep dive into my emails to make sure I didn't miss anything only to find that someone had ordered a replacement on my account back in November only it wasn't me, it wasn't delivered to the address on my account and THAT is why my device is locked. 

Every time I call they say there's no one I can talk to, I just have to keep waiting but will they NOT provide any answers as to what's going on. From what I can tell someone, somewhere got a free watch on my behalf and I'm the one paying for it by now having a device that I can't even use. WHO CAN I COMPLAIN TO???

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer

Hi @Krisodo  I've asked a Fitbit Moderator to stop by to address this with you. They know best what your next steps should be in this situation.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 Thank you for your help !

@Krisodo , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your report and patience during this situation. 
Our team confirmed that you already  are in contact with them. I appreciate your collaboration with them .  They are investigating your case, and will reply to you as soon as possible.
Keep an eye on your inbox. 
Our team will take good care of you. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Thank you but I first opened this case on 12/18 and "in contact" is an interesting take on me contacting them multiple times and one email in return that said absolutely nothing and provided zero information into my case. I really don't consider that "good care" and I'm really not happy with how my case has been handled. I'm giving the team one more week to resolve this fraud case before going to other resources. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The header change was a nice blow, this is NOT "A replacement was requested from my account" this is STILL "HOW DO I FILE A COMPLAINT" as this is a case of fraud that FitBit allowed, FitBit didn't catch and now FitBit is not correcting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Krisodo , Thank you for your reply and further feedback. Our team assured me that your case has been escalated and is being investigated.
They'll write you back, when they have more information about it. 
In the meantime please have a look at this: Can someone take over my Fitbit account?

How can I help secure my Fitbit account and data?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer