Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misspelled my Community Username

ANSWERED

When I went to post my first post in the community forums, I accidentally misspelled my username (it's supposed to be Death, not Deat). The page that prompted me for a username in no way made it clear that it was not editable and there was no confirmation dialogue, so I had no idea at the time what I was entering was perminant. 

Is there anyway I can get my username fixed? Is there a way to contact Fitbit support to have it fixed or am I stuck with a misspelled username for the rest of eternity? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Community usernames cannot be changed once they've been chosen, in order to maintain the integrity of the forum structure. That being said, I certainly want you to have the name you want, and will PM you to assist.

Edit: typo

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
188 REPLIES 188

Community usernames cannot be changed once they've been chosen, in order to maintain the integrity of the forum structure. That being said, I certainly want you to have the name you want, and will PM you to assist.

Edit: typo

Best Answer

i need help with my account

Best Answer

@descart I'll be happy to help - let me know what you need by posting or PMing me.

Best Answer

Hi, I have the same issue. My username should be PamelaLibrarian, not PamelaLibraria. I hit "enter" and didn't realize it was misspelled. Can you help me?

thanks!

Pam

Best Answer

Is there a way to change my username on the community? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, once you have set it up it is there forever........

Best Answer
0 Votes
Predictive text gave me a stupid username! If it can't be changed I shan't ever be posting on the community forum!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JLou37 As it says above, private message one of the moderators. @MatthewFitbit is on this thread, for example. He can help you. 

Best Answer

@JLou37 As @betpchem mentioned, I'll be happy to help. Just send me a Private Message and let me know what username you'd prefer.

Best Answer

For sending private messages on the forums

Click your picture next to the gear (settings) icon in the upper right corner of the forum, this takes you to 'your about' page. To the right you'll see 'private messages', with any unread message displayed.

Clicking the corresponding message will open the message to read, it's also possible to click on 'view inbox' below 'private messages' to go to your forum inbox where you are able to see received / send messages / ignored users / and the option to send a message to a friend,.. who you know the name from being used onto the forums.

To go to the inbox directly: URL: Click to go to your private messages inbox

coollogo_com-18803402.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for sorting it out.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue - I misstyped my username 😞 it should be "katiemc715" is there any other moderator who can assist? Thank you!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@katiemc715 You should be all set with your corrected username.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matthew you have no idea how happy you just made me!! Thank you 🙂 

@MatthewFitbit wrote:

@katiemc715 You should be all set with your corrected username.

Best Answer

@katiemc715 Awesome! I aim to please! Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

I messed up when making my username. I put an r instead of an e. Is there anyway it can be changed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only Fitbit moderators are able to do that @Alex201

Hope they see your post soon 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Alex201! I'm glad to inform you that I have edited your name and now you can continue participating in the Community with the correct name Robot LOL.

I also would like to encourage you to spend a good time sharing your experiences with other friends in our Discussions board. I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of fun! 

Best Answer