Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misspelled my Community Username

ANSWERED

When I went to post my first post in the community forums, I accidentally misspelled my username (it's supposed to be Death, not Deat). The page that prompted me for a username in no way made it clear that it was not editable and there was no confirmation dialogue, so I had no idea at the time what I was entering was perminant. 

Is there anyway I can get my username fixed? Is there a way to contact Fitbit support to have it fixed or am I stuck with a misspelled username for the rest of eternity? 

Best Answer
188 REPLIES 188

I didnt realise that it had logged me in so I just hit my keyboard with my foot and now im stuck with this... Fantastic

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Family @LachlanPurvis! I'm sorry to hear about your Fitbit Community name. I sent you a private message in order to help you out!

Thanks for stopping by. see you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you help me fix my username too? I misstyped my username - it's supposed to be Lily586, not Lily585. Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around @Lily586. Your user name now appears as Lily 586. Was that the correct name?

Catch you later! 

Best Answer

It's been fixed, thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lily586, I'm glad to hear that your user name is fixed now. I'm searching for your other concern and will contact you back soon!

I also would like to encourage you to spend a good time sharing your experiences with other friends in our Discussions board. I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of fun. Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit @AndreaFitbit could I please have my FitBit Community username changed?

id like to PM you the name I'd prefer, thanks

Ben

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GetABitFit! We're unable to change Community user names just because. Unless it is an offensive name or it sounds really bad.

Thank you for participating in our Forums! Robot LOL

Best Answer

I did not choose my community name.  No clue where if came from.  If I had chose it, I definitely wouldn't have spelled friends wrong..

Is there anyway to correct this?

Dana - 39 - 5'7" - F - Washington - Fitbit Alta
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit can you help me too, my user name is also spelt wrong

Best Answer
0 Votes

I sent you a PM.

Best Answer

I messed up when making my username. I put an r instead of an e. Is there anyway it can be chan

Please help me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive just created my account, entered the wrong username format, can i change it please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Andrea.

I, too, am the victim of a misspelled community name. I wanted to be known as Kestrel, not Kestrrel.

Can you help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AndreaFitbit, like everyone else on this thread, I too managed to mangle my username when signing up for the forum.  I wanted it to be ThermionicEmissions, but it cut it off to ThermionicEmiss, which is just silly Smiley Wink.  Could I ask you to use your god-like powers to please change it to ThermionicEfekt?  

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ThermionicEfekt! It's nice to see you around! Robot LOL Have fun at the Community. 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! 

Catch you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @AndreaFitbit, for taking care of that so fast Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes