Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music control setup/pin-passkey error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot pair my surge to Bluetooth classic as instructed to use music controls. I keep getting the wrong pin/passkey error. I have updated my app, deleted and reinstalled it, restarted both my phone and my Fitbit- it still doesn't work. 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hi there @Ep1220, I like to see new faces in our Fitbit Community. Make sure your phone has the latest version of the Fitbit app and your tracker is paired to your account. You got this covered as you mentioned before, so lets make sure you follow these steps:

- On your Surge:

1. Display the Menu, then swipe to Settings.
  2. Scroll to Bluetooth Classic.
  3. If the setting is Off or On, press the Select button until the setting is Pair.

-On your mobile device:

1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Make sure your device is discoverable and is scanning for devices.
  3. When “Surge (Classic)” appears as an available device, select it.
  4. Wait for a message showing a six-digit number

- Perform the following two steps in close succession:

1. When the same six-digit number appears on your Surge, press the Action button (lower right) to confirm the pairing.
  2. On your mobile device, select Pair.

If everything went okay, Open the music app on your mobile device and begin playback. Just make sure the music app is compatible.

Double-press the Home button on your Surge to display the music control screen, where you can see information about the track currently playing. You can pause playback or skip to the next track. Note that not all music apps broadcast track information, which means the song title won't appear on your Surge. You can still pause or skip to the next track.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Whenever I attempt to connect my Blaze with my phone for music control (my phone is a supported device for music control) the Blaze Classic will show up in my phone's bluetooth available devices list and I can pair them, but a message always pops up on my phone that says 'incorrect PIN or passkey'. No PIN ever shows up on my Blaze. I do already have my Blaze connected to sync data with my phone under the regular Blaze bluetooth. It's only the music control one that is not working. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Update: Now although my Blaze is synced with my phone and I have the notifications setting turned on on my Blaze, I am not receiving text and call notifications on my Blaze either. Help! 😞

Best Answer

Hello @meggypeggs15 

This is what is suppose to happen.

Go into your settings on the Blaze, set Ckassic to pair.

Tell the phones bluetooth to search.

A 4 digit code should show up on the Blaxe and thr phone.

Accept the code on the Blaze first, then accept in the phone.

If yhis doesnt happen then lets restart the Blaze by holding in the left and lower right buttons 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I stated in my original post, I have followed all those steps and no PIN ever pops up on my Blaze. Per your advice, I did restart my Blaze and try again, but it still is not working. It still is giving me the invalid PIN or passkey message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @meggypeggs15! I appreciate the details that you've mentioned in your first post. Please the following troubleshoot: 

1. On your mobile device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. In the list of devices, find your tracker.
  3. Tap the icon next to the tracker name and then tap Forget this Device.
  4. Restart your mobile device.
  5. Try setting up music control again.

Additionally, you can learn more about it by checking I'm having trouble controlling music with my tracker

Thanks for the advice  @Rich_Laue

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening to me. (No code) Did you ever get it to work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Ladykimberly! Have you tried doing this procedure to set music control in your Blaze?

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the response but all I keep seeing are the same responses and procedures over and over. Essentially, when I go to pair from the Bluetooth menu on phone, it never pairs or provides a pairing code. The surge provides a code every time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, did you figure it out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the Blaze Classic is not pairing,  have you tried restarting the phone and tracker?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, and Fitbit support has been no help either. I got probably about 6 different emails from them all telling me to do the exact same things and none of them actually acknowledging the problem. The issue is I'm not getting a PIN on my Blaze. I've restarted everything there is possible to restart and attempted all the steps time upon time, and it has never worked. I've given up on it working. I just deal with playing and controlling my music from my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No. Not even after about 12 emails back and forth with Fitbit. I just gave up on it and have settled for controlling music on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have, multiple time and just nothing. It always says incorrect pin
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've restarted my phone several times, as well as my tracker. That never works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. It doesn't give me the code to enter. I remember having a problem when
I first set it up, too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kst8er86, thank you for keep me posted you are experiencing the same issue with music control. I'm wondering if you are able to see any other abnormal behavior after the pairing code is displayed on the screen of your Surge?

I'm not sure if you have tried the following steps, but take a look at this post for more help: Music syncing.

Additionally in case you are using an app for music, make sure this is compatible. For example Pandora does not work with Surge. I can mention the following music apps should work successfully:

• Play Music
  • LG Music app
  • Samsung music app
  • Rdio
  • Spotify
  • Amazon Music

Keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer