Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My device isn't supported

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having problems with my Fitbit Alta HR syncing to my phone.  When I checked supported device, my Moto G5 Plus isn't included.  Does this mean I can't use my Fitbit with my phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Not necessarily.  I have the G4 Play which is not on the supported list but works just fine.

If a phone is on the list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices then it means that it has been tested by fitbit and shown to work so you should have no issues.

If a phone is not on that list then it could mean that it has been tested and shown to not work, or it could just mean that it hasn't been tested so it may or may not work. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing which it is.

So, even if your phone is not listed it's worth trying. Are the problems you are having with the initial setup of the fitbit or did that work ok but it has now stopped syncing?

I found the following thread that suggested that the G5+ worked for some albeit with intermittent  issues: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Flex-2/Unable-to-sync-Flex-2-with-Moto-g5-plus/m-p/2605853#M20843

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having problems syncing my fitbit and my phone.  I have been able to get the phone and fitbit to sync a couple of times, but only through heroic efforts.  During set-up, the syncing worked just fine.  Since then, I have had to take more and more manual steps to get the sync to happen.  I have had to reset the fitbit every time.  Now I am having to reset the fitbit, reboot the phone, reset bluetooth and then the sync usually happens a few hours later.  I need the syncing to happen at couple times a day to work with another app I am using, but it just isn't working.  I cannot get the fitbit to "sync now" at all. 

I read through the information you provided and I tried a couple of the techniques to sync that I hadn't tried.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the fitbit app works, but I lose the data in my app each time I do that.  I would prefer a different approach.

Best Answer
0 Votes