Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Portal and Charge 5 & 6

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There isn't much I can add to the past comments on the new app, It is definitely inferior to the previous version. The new app/Portal stop receiving data from my charge 5. After speaking with customer service they've determined that it was the Charge 5 that was defective not the app. I have 2 charge 5s🤔 So I now have a charge 6 and I cannot get it to pair with the app unless I transfer my Fitbit account to Google! Research indicates that you can continue using the app without transferring to Google until 2025 but that does not seem to be the case. Setup will not allow me to proceed w/o moving.

Not a big fan of Google, everything is about money! Soon you'll run out of space and they'll tell you to spend more money to get more space. I can't even get my emails without buying more space. So how can I trust that Fitbit will not use up up the limited space that Google provides along with your email and photo drive etc.!?? Considering boxing up my charge 6, returning it and going with a different platform.

Has anybody else experienced this issue? If so how did you resolve it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@WideOpnThrottle 

Newer devices like the Charge 6 require a Gmail account to set the device up on your phone..  Older devices sill allow the use of non Gmail account to be used until 2025.

I've moved to using my Gmail on Fitbit and have had no issues.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer
0 Votes