Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No / low active minutes despite exercising

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new Flex 2. I did 45 minutes of kickboxing yesterday and it showed 11 active minutes and today I have done a 50 minute Body Pump class and it is showing 0 active minutes. This is a bit disappointing. Does the flex 2 not recognise activity that isn't walking or running? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

SmartTrack on the Flex 2 can only recognize a limited range of activities: walking, running, elliptical, outdoor walk, swimming, aerobic workout and sports.

The last two are tracked with continous, quick and rythmic movement and will not track all activities.

Anything else is not auto tracked and as such is not counted as Active minutes. You can add a manual entry but then the default is that it will not use the heart rate information for the calories burned but a user defined value. Also the manual entry are not always counted as active minutes. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

SmartTrack on the Flex 2 can only recognize a limited range of activities: walking, running, elliptical, outdoor walk, swimming, aerobic workout and sports.

The last two are tracked with continous, quick and rythmic movement and will not track all activities.

Anything else is not auto tracked and as such is not counted as Active minutes. You can add a manual entry but then the default is that it will not use the heart rate information for the calories burned but a user defined value. Also the manual entry are not always counted as active minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CharlyKI have set my Smart Track to the minimum of 10 minutes to see what is tracked. Yesterday my lawn mowing and edge cutting was picked up as outdoor bike (Ionic)

Also Active minutes will only be picked up for a minimum of 10 continuous minutes activity at 3 times or greater times your BMR..

You can examine what occurred by going into the PC and clicking this Icon Activity Record Icon.jpgin your Activity Log and checking the calories/minute by clicking the very small stop watch next to its description.

Then you can view one minute graphs like this in this link..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes