Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text alerts on Galaxy S6 Edge (Charge HR)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Okay, so the Charge HR is capable of displaying text message notifications, and the Galaxy S6 Edge is listed on the fitbit devices page as being compatible with both call and text notifications.  I followed the setup procedure, and the call notifications work perfectly, but I get no text notifications at all.  Plainly the Charge HR and phone/app are bonded, but still no text notifications.

Now, the problem is NOT that the app is set up to send text notifications but my fitbit isn't recieving them.  The problem instead is that the settings that are supposed to be in the app for text notifications simply are not there the way they are described in the help files.  First off, I am told to go to the "Notifications" page, but my settings page in the app is actually only called "Call Notifications."  When I go to that page, I have the option to require encryption, and the option to enable the notification widget, but the only other option is "Call Notifications."  When I click on that, I am only given the option to enable them or not, and then I can pick between "Contacts" or "Skype."  Nowhere is there an option for texts, nor is there the described place to pick my default text messaging app.

So, I've also gone through the complete troubleshooting guide for notifications.  The problem is, almost all of those solutions are for cases where you are getting no notifications at all, and I am getting the call notifications just fine.  The tips relating directly to text message notifications say that the notifications will only work with the app you selected during setup, but the problem is that I was never asked to select a text app during setup.  The only other troubleshooting tip is to turn off the notifications, restart, and then set them back up.  I've tried that, but I still get no option to ever choose a text app, and no option to turn them on.  That option simply isn't where they say it will be.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
@mgerity The Charge HR does not have the ability to receive text notifications.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5
@mgerity The Charge HR does not have the ability to receive text notifications.

Best Answer

Dang it--that's a shame.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I get my charge hr to show caller ID from my 6 edge+
Best Answer
0 Votes
By enabling it under you Charge HR sertings in the phone app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my friend @tonya12, it's nice to see you around! Try what @Rich_Laue suggested Smiley Very Happy... if you keep having issues, I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps I've shared here to solve the issue.

Happy stepping guys! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes