Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not fully compatible with Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

Having previously been a Pebble owner (firslty the original and I then moved on to the Steel), I was devestated when they were bought out by Fitbit, but guessed as Pebble were a startup, it would happen sooner or later. 

I used a Vivofit for a while,  and whilst the small fitness tracker screen was a pain, it actually did some of the things my Pebble used to do (notifications including disconnection notification when you leave your phone somewhere - a necessity for me, controlled Podcast Addict etc).

When I saw the Versa released, my hopes were raised that with purchase of a steel band, I'd have a nice looking watch similar to the Pebble Steel at a reasonable price, especially when I could see some of the old Pebble watch faces available.

Unfortunately not to be. 

On pressing the left button, there is no music control at all, only advice to connect the watch.  Dumb, when the watch is connected (eg I do receive notifications...eventually).  I have read through the forums and followed all instructions to connect the phone (even though it is connected as stated) but none of what is supposed to appear ("bluetooth classic" etc) appears at all.  I called tech support and asked how I could get the Versa to control my media and other apps (Podcast Addict, Spotify) but got advice about controlling media on the watch, which isn't what I asked for and didn't work anyway.

Sync issues are spotty at best, and connectivity drops out very easily despite the J5 having a great bluetooth range with all other devices.  

I called tech support only to be told my phone, the Samsung J5, is not on the compatability list yet but "I might like to look at a different devices on the compatability list".  Thanks for the tip mate, are you going to pay the coin to replace a perfectly good phone I'm very happy with?

I really think there is an onus on Fitbit to be more honset about compatability.  Merely stating it is compatable with devices running Android (or Apple) Operating system X is not enough obviously when there isn't true across OS compatability.  

If anyone else is using the Samsung J5/Versa combo and has had more success than I (or tech support), please let me know!

Willow

Australia

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @WillowOz.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the situation.

Please know that our team is aware of the need to add further devices, and while we do not have any news at the moment, testing is being done on several different devices.

Some users have reported that following these troubleshooting steps has helped them with devices not on the list. Please note that we cannot fully guarantee the functionality of a device that is not on the list. 

If anyone has any experience with that Fitbit/phone combo, please be sure to share it with everyone, it could be very helpful for other users.

Feel free to reach out if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes