Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting text message or call notifications on fitbit Alta hr

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am still able to sync my Fitbit (stats and footsteps showing). Leave Bluetooth on all the time. Used to receive texts and calls but now don't. Have checked apps permissions and even replaced device to revrecenew passkey etc

Any advice? 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @WKend, let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community.

I would like to know what is exactly the model and OS of your new phone? If you’re not sure whether your phone is compatible with this feature, go to this article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

In the meantime, please check the following conditions:

• Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • The latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone or tablet. 
  • The Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. 
  • The software on your phone is up to date. 

If everything it's in order you can try the steps below: 

1. Turn OFF the Notifications in your Fitbit mobile app and on your Alta HR, reboot your phone and Alta HR: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Turn the notifications back ON on both devices.
  3. Make sure All-day sync, Always Connected and Keep Alive Widget are enabled in the Fitbit mobile app. Make sure to sync after enabling them.
  4. Make sure the notifications are ON on your Alta HR. Press and hold the left button to access quick menu. Turn the notifications to ON.
  5. In the Fitbit mobile app, make sure you enabled the notifications and that Fitbit notification service is enabled in your phone settings. It needs to be ON. 

Keep me posted with the outcome. Have a great weekend!

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

What makes an alta hr into a charge 3?

Also I thought the keep alive widget had been removed in the last update. 

Do you read what you cut, paste and send out? Formula answers are bad enough but please do us the courtesy of checking them before posting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Lilbiddy, how are you doing? 

Sorry for that mistake, I wrote Charge 3 instead Alta HR one time. Basically the troubleshooting it's the same. Cat Wink

I appreciate your comments, thanks for posting and I hope to see you chatting around enjoying the Forums!

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer