Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just recently did a factory reset on my phone I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. After the reset I installed the Fitbit app back into my phone and now my Fitbit will not receive messages or notifications. I have tried everything I have looked at all my settings and made sure they're all correct and still nothing. Can you please help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Sssbbc , hi, @Sssbbc , have you checked in the BT settings on your phone?  Your Fitbit needs to be “connected” as well as paired.  It would be a good idea to choose to forget your device if it shows as connected (when you go back to the Fitbit app it should automatically reconnect it).

After forgetting your Fitbit in your phone’s bluetooth settings, I would suggest:

1. Log out of your Fitbit app (be sure you know the email address and password you used to set up your account so you will be able to log back in!)

2. Restart your Fitbit (you don’t say what kind you have, so if you need instructions for the restart just let us know).

3. Log back in to the Fitbit app and check for sync.  If it can’t sync it can’t get notifications...

4. On your Fitbit settings screen choose notifications.  Make sure you are set to receive notifications, including phone calls (I know you mentioned all this is correct).  On the top right you will see 3 dots.  Click on them and choose send a test call.  Hopefully in a moment or two you will get a buzz on your wrist and all will be well. 

If it doesn’t work it may be worth repeating this procedure.

Let us know how it goes.  Good luck, and welcome to the forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @Sssbbc , hi, @Sssbbc , have you checked in the BT settings on your phone?  Your Fitbit needs to be “connected” as well as paired.  It would be a good idea to choose to forget your device if it shows as connected (when you go back to the Fitbit app it should automatically reconnect it).

After forgetting your Fitbit in your phone’s bluetooth settings, I would suggest:

1. Log out of your Fitbit app (be sure you know the email address and password you used to set up your account so you will be able to log back in!)

2. Restart your Fitbit (you don’t say what kind you have, so if you need instructions for the restart just let us know).

3. Log back in to the Fitbit app and check for sync.  If it can’t sync it can’t get notifications...

4. On your Fitbit settings screen choose notifications.  Make sure you are set to receive notifications, including phone calls (I know you mentioned all this is correct).  On the top right you will see 3 dots.  Click on them and choose send a test call.  Hopefully in a moment or two you will get a buzz on your wrist and all will be well. 

If it doesn’t work it may be worth repeating this procedure.

Let us know how it goes.  Good luck, and welcome to the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes
how do I restart my fitbit, I have a versa 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out with your help thank you so much! Yay!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sssbbc , to restart your Versa 2, swipe left until you find “settings” (it’s a gear icon). Tap settings and on the settings screen swipe up until you come to “About” (last item on the menu).  Tap “About” and scroll down to shut down.

To restart, press and hold the button.

On the Versa 2 in order to receive notifications you will also have to make sure Do not Disturb is not turned on.  On the main screen swipe down.  At the top you will see 3 icons - music, a card, and an on off switch. Choose the switch and tap the first icon - do not disturb.  (A circle with a line in the middle). Make sure Do not disturb is not turned on!

Best Answer
0 Votes