Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving notifications and sleep tracking issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Only had this a week and it's doing my head it. 

Had a message in the notification window that wouldn't clear. So I shut the fit bit down to see if that would do it. 

Turned back on it acted as if it was brand new had to reconnect it to the app. All my settings were gone. It was like using it the first time. 

Now i dont get notifications at all it just says "notification service not running. Restart phone"

Which I have done and it doesn't work. I have a Huawei p20 which worked fine before. 

Its also changed the sleep tracker now. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

It did sleep quality first day, no sleep score no sleep cycle. 

Then it did only sleep score and cycle no quality. Now its gone back to quality 

🤯😠😬

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know  when was the first time you experienced this notifications issue? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Versa 2 are correctly configured. After verifying this, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

In regards the sleep issue, please learn more about this specific feature here. Also, can you please let me know if by sleep quality do you mean Sleep Stages detailed graphs?  

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi the notifications has seemed to correct itself. 

With regards to the sleep function.

I click on begin sleep. In the morning when I wake up it seems to struggle to connect to server. (see below) 

Screenshot_20200118-060153.jpg

 when I click on the day it loads the sleep stages e.g. REM sleep, Light sleep, deep sleep.

It does not record time to fall asleep or how many times restless. Which is what it did on the first day. (see below) 

Screenshot_20200118-060240.jpg

Now i just get the sleep stages and the sleep score. 

Screenshot_20200106-053055.jpg

I want to know how to have both. Both the sleep stages and the sleep quality. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

See this morning it logged sleep quality E.g just the lines for sleep, awake, restless. 

Screenshot_20200120-052510.jpg

 today sleep quality. No sleep score.

Sunday  - sleep stages

Saturday- sleep stages 

Wednesday- sleep quality

Tuesday - sleep stages

Monday - sleep stages

There is no consistency. When I wanna View one I can only see the opposite to what I want. I can't see both. I don't know why it changes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I'm also having this issue with lack of notifications. I bought my Fitbit Charge 3 yesterday. 

I have a Fitbit Charge 3 paired to my Huawei P30 Pro, running Android 9.

My Fitbit Charge 3 is using the most up to date version. 

I have tried unpairing, restarting both phone and Fitbit, reinstalling the Fitbit app, re-setting up the Fitbit on the Fitbit app, disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth.

I have allowed notifications, given Fitbit app all the security permissions, set power settings to continue using it in background.

From the list of compatible devices, Huawei P30 Pro is listed there.

Can you please advise what else I can do?

Thanks, 

Nathan

Best Answer

Mine is receiving notifications intermittently.  Again showing the same server restart message. Occasionally it receives the send test call. But even then it doesn't then start receiving notifications. 

Having it seems rather pointless at the moment so many problems 😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am facing the issue and not receiving any notifications.

The Fitbit app shows "notification server is not working, restart is required"

I have done all the settings given in the instructions.

Can anyone guide me.

Regards,

Stef

Best Answer