Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text notifications with Google Pixel 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Google Pixel 3 for several months now. When I first got it, I could get all my notifications. Now, I can only get calls but no texts. 

Looking at other posts about this, I see that: 1. Pixel 3 is not a "compatible" device on Fitbit's list.

2. I've tried everything... uninstall and reinstall the app. Checked permissions, restarted both devices. Forgot device and readded. The works. Nothing.

3. All the posts I've seen about the Pixel 3 compatibility are older (March 2019 or 2018). What I want to know is - have there been any other updates to this problem since then? Is Fitbit finally going to add the Pixel 3? If so, when? 

Ps. If my watch dies, I have to forget the device and resync it every time because it can't find it. Pretty annoying too, but not as annoying as no texts all together. 

Maybe it's time for a new brand of a smartwatch... 🤔

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Dana.Clau welcome to the Community Forums!

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post and for trying some troubleshooting steps prior to posting, I totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for you. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this? Let me share with you that your Google Pixel 3 is in fact supported with our products and services, as specified on this help article

If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? to see that all the necessary requirements to receive notifications on your Fitbit Blaze are correctly configured. After verifying such settings, please try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with my Blaze and Pixel 3- first started a month or two ago and despite checking settings configurations and going through the troubleshooting steps listed above, the problem persists. The Blaze receives phone call notifications but not text notifications. Any updates on a fix? In looking through the forums I see multiple users are having this issue with the Pixel 3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea, lots of people have this issue but no fix. I did two days ago get a message not sent message which I thought was going to change everything.... but it didnt.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RiaJ-R and @Jkaj3000, welcome to the Community Forums. Sorry for the delay in responding.

Thanks for the details that were shared in both of your posts, sorry for the inconvenience experienced with your devices. I'd like to share with you guys that we are aware of this situation and working towards a resolution as soon as possible. My best advise will be to keep your Fitbit app and Android mobile devices up to date.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Your understanding and patience while we work on this is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a pixel 3 and it's syncing fine with my blaze but I can't receive any notification or even the test. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and this has been happening since August 2019. I had an alta and switched to an alta HR in August. The regular alta would get all the notifications. When I switched to the alta HR it does not give me the notifications. I had to even deactivate the HR part or the battery would completely drain by the end of the day. This week (first week of October 2019) I switched back to my regular alta. I tried the testing on the app and get the phone call test but no texting notifications. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, updated my phone, have been on support chat and did everything he said - took off anything else on bluetooth, turned on and off bluetooth, restarted my phone and my fitbit through the charger... this is so annoying that I am looking at other brands of trackers because of this issue. 

Best Answer

Same issue here, Pixel 3 and Blaze.  I can receive Facebook message notifications, but not the native SMS app notifications.  Been happening since August as well.  I'm just commenting to get notified if they actually fix it someday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S9. If I switch my messaging app on my phone to the Samsung messages app, it works but the Google messages app, it does not. I prefer the Google app so I hope this gets fixed soon.

Best Answer

Same here. Pixel 3, Alta HR. Have fiddled with the settings, paired and unpaired and repaired. Nada

Best Answer
0 Votes