Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not synching and clock now 38 minutes out

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Noticed on Saturday clock on fitbit  was 8 minutes slow so tried resynching and it seemed to clear it but now it keeps loosing time, its synching only once a day, and thats after the bluetooth is reset several times,  ive deleted the app and reinstalled it, but that was only a temporary fix, and all this has happened since i installed the new update,  im so frustrated,  i love my fitbit charge but right now im unable to use it as i can't have it being unreliable 

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Welcome to the Forums @Kittyb7.

Thank you for letting us know everything that you have tried to get your Fitbit to sync consistently.

The first thing I'd like to recommend is that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article. While you have no doubt already tried some of them, please try going through all of them in the order that they show up.

In the meantime I'd to ask what phone is it that you are using to sync your Fitbit. Also, are you getting some sort of error message when you try to sync? If so, what does it say?

I look forward to your reply. Please keep me posted on how it goes.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your email, My phone is a Samsung S9, and ive followed all
your instructions in the help article, my fitbit updated this morning at
9.14 but hasn't updated since then despite repeatedly restarting it and
switching on and off bluetooth, my fitbit is the only thing connected via
bluetooth. My fitbit is now running 7 minutes behind, i really don't know
what else to try
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having trouble syncing.  My device has not synced since this past Saturday.  I have gone through all of your troubleshooting steps to no avail.  Nothing in your guides are working.  What could be the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I do try to manually sync, it just keeps saying "Looking for Device" then goes to Device Not Found.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @dwest1975. Hey @Kittyb7.

Thank you both for going through the steps I recommended and letting me know that won't sync.

If your phones are using Android 9, let's try turning off Background Restrictions/Limitations: Phone settings > Apps & Notifications > Fitbit app > Background restrictions or Background limits.

Then, disable battery limitations:

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit app > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization
  2. Change view to All apps
  3. Search for Fitbit app
  4. Choose Not optimized

It is possible this could help with Android 9. Having said that, please know that our support team is aware of a syncing issue with it and it is being looked into. The moment we have any updates we will be sure to let everyone know.

If those steps still won't work, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other device. While not a solution, it is a workaround so that you can get your data on to your account.

Please keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
As previously stated, I have tried all the steps to no avail. This just
happened this past weekend. I was able to sync last Saturday and nothing
since.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dwest1975.

Thanks for that confirmation.

As I mentioned above, our team is aware of a syncing issue with Android 9. It is being looked into and we will be sure to share more details on it as soon as there is anything to share.

For the time being, the workaround that you can try is to sync using a different device. While definitely not a solution it is a way to get your data synced to your account.

Thanks for your understanding. Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exactly the same issue!!  I still have a Samsung s7 and all was fine untill a few days ago. Then all of a sudden my fitbit won't sync, won't keep the time etc. I have followed online advice to the tee and done everything it says. I can on the odd chance get it to sync but shows Bluetooth issues.... it's totally driving me nuts!!, beginning to think I should of just stuck to my cheap tracker that lasted me years untill I lost it, rather than buy my charge 3 as it's a lot of money for something that doesn't work properly, not even as a watch grrrr :-#

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is the kicker, I looked and I am running Android 7.0, not 9.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Huskymumma. Hello @dwest1975.

Thanks for trying all of the steps that have been recommended and reaching back.

@dwest1975 From my understanding, the Galaxy S9 comes with Android 8 installed and the update to Android 9 has been released. Could you check on the settings to verify if it is indeed running Android 7, 8 or 9?

@Huskymumma In your case I'd like to recommend the following steps:

1. Go into your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  2. There, look for your Fitbit and any other Fitbit devices that could show up and paired.
  3. Remove all of them from the list.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Run the set up as if you were using a replacement Fitbit. 

Please keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not using an S9, but a Note 5.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dwest1975.

Thank you for that clarification.

In that case, please try the steps I posted right above, if you have not tried them yet. They should restart the connection from scratch.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've tried that numerous times.... I'm now unable to pair my fitbit. Sick of trying!.... everything was fine untill 4 days ago when it first started. Now all I get is "we found your tracker" then just keeps saying "connecting" until the connection times out

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Fit bit is not listed on Bluetooth connections.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that numerous times... everything I can find on the matter I have tried!... my tracker won't even pair with my phone anymore, all I get is "we found your tracker" then "connecting" but then connection times out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Huskymumma and @dwest1975.

Thanks for reaching back and trying to do what I recommended.

I have reached out to our support team so that they can get in touch with you about this. They will be sending you an email so please keep an eye on your inbox, spam and trash folders. 

Feel free to let us know how it goes or if there are any other questions on the matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried all the steps you have asked me to do but to no avail, my
fitbit last synced on Saturday morning and is now running at 5 hours
behind, im really frustrated as you are aware there is a problem but its
not being fixed fast enough, i rely on my watch a lot and im disappointed
that we are just getting told the same thing, i can't have a faulty watch
and im reluctantly going to have to get a replacement as this has been a
problem for over a week
Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying a few different things. It is 100% the watch that is at fault.... we tried to connect it up to my son's phone and iPad but nothing!!.... we then tested my son's charge 2 with my phone and his connected fine to my phone etc ... so it is the watch or the watches programe that's at fault. I've only had it since Feb so not impressed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is also doing the same, im pretty sure i now spend more time getting my fitbit to sync that could be spent doing something productive,  it worked great for a month, so dissatisfied alot of money on this and it cant even give the correct time

Best Answer
0 Votes